Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upgrading the speakers in my 09 Element. I have already replaced the rear door speakers with JL Audio coaxials (great improvement). I am also replacing the front speakers with JL audio components. I have the woofers replaced and I am getting ready to do the tweeters. I read on another site that the pillars just snap out to access the tweeters, but my 09 has the side curtain air bags and try as I might, I can't get the pillars to just snap out. I can lift and bend the pillars out from the bottom just enough to look behind them. There appears to be a screw near the top that is holding them in place. Am I missing something or am I just not pulling hard enough. Some help and advice from anyone else who has had a pillar, with side curtain air bags, out for tweeter replacement will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
if it's anything like previous years, which I'm sure it is, you'll need to break those one-time use clips on the upper portion of the A-pillar to remove it. Simply use a rubber mallet or cushion the blow of a regular hammer with something thick and soft and strike where the clip is located. You'll hear that clip break and probably drop some pieces down there. If not hit it harder. It'll come loose eventually. There is one of these per A-pillar so two total. You'll need to pick up some replacements at the dealer.

More detailed info can be found my searching.

·
Registered
562 Posts
just be careful you don't have any rock chips. I poped my clip and my rock chip really spread. Be gentle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Guys, thanks for the replys. I'll try again this weekend, weather permitting.
Accod Driver, I am going to use the JL Audio crossover. I'm installing the TR650-CSi so the crossover is an inline capacitor so it's not a big deal. The coaxial version (TR650-CSx) I installed in the rear doors sound so much better than the factory speakers, it's amazing. After the tweeters, the next project is a seperate amp and subwoofer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts