Honda Element Owners Club banner

Twilightzero's Annual Bonfire Extravaganza - Oct. 17, 2009

11K views 112 replies 33 participants last post by  Twilightzero 
#1 ·
We're actually getting the notice up early this year, can you believe it!?

It's.........

Twilightzero's

Annual

:evil:.......:evil:.......Bonfire.......:evil:.......:evil:

Extravaganza!!

"It's that time again!"

"Time to blow bubbles in our spit?"

"No no no, it's time to announce this year's bonfire party!"

That's right, you're all once again invited to our annual bonfire party and campout on our farm land near Black Earth, WI! We've spent the year working our works mightily out in the forest and have a number of new things this year, including:
  • Tent spaces!
  • Multiple bonfire piles!
  • a HUGE stack of logs for the back fire pit!
  • Dueling potato guns!

...and so much more! There will be more food than you can eat, more drink than you can drunk, and more fun than you can handle! We're even working on some new fun troublemaking, such as a fixed mount remote-trigger potato howitzer, a flaming pumpkin launcher, and things we can't tell you about yet!

So come one, come all, we'd love to see you there! More details will be posted as we get closer, but feel free to ask any questions and/or abuse me here and I'll answer all as best I can!

Hope to see lots of people this year!!

See less See more
#3 ·
1. Are u on drugs this morning???? Or a caffine overdose?

2. Is this an Adult Fall Break event??? (Like kids' spring break)
1. No, and I didn't write it this morning either. I was, however, on lots of drugs last night :D

2. Something like that, and an excuse to play with homemade propane-powered things and lots of fire :D

#4 ·
Twi, you've picked the absolute worst possible day for your shindig. I'm standing up in my best friend's wedding that day.

One of these years I'll make it out there for that (although I'm glad I missed last years, since I met Lonnie at the party I went to instead... :D)

#5 ·
Sorry man, that was about our one and only date available this year. I would've personally liked to do another halloween bonfire, but that didn't work out due to a number of reasons.

Don't worry though, it's still a fair ways off and there's lots of time for them to have multiple breakups and reconciliations. And if it gets called off, haul your friend out for a weekend of partying and commiseration :lol:

#7 ·
Why not? Jojo & company drove up from TX for the national meet, and this will have more explosions and fire :D

#9 ·
Jake drove over last year, then again he's a bit closer than 15 hours too :rolleyes:

And I believe we called Justin last year too :evil:

#12 ·
Maybe it's staring me in the face somewhere but...WHERE exactly?

#13 ·
Black Hole something or other....it actually says it in the first post :D

#19 ·
It really is a gorgeous area, pictures don't do it justice. But here's a few pics of the general area for pale comparison:

The hills are all extremely steep (30-45 degrees) and solid rock. A lot of the trees grow straight out of the sides of the rock formations:

#22 ·
I am 10 hours to Rockford , so I figure Black Earth is just under 12 hours ... any rules ? can representation from the Canadian chapter crash ? ;-) still have to clear it with the social convener

#23 ·
You're more than welcome to attend, it'd be awesome to make it an international party! Do be aware that accommodations are rustic at best, this is true camping, no glamping (and no power) here :D

#25 ·
Here's the part where I say I've heard it before and I'll believe it when I see it :rolleyes: :lol:

It'd be great to see you there, now we gotta convince the twin cities crew to come over!

#27 ·
The accommodations at the farm are rustic at best. We will be camping there that night and having breakfast on the fire the next day.

If you want/need a hotel, the nearest ones are around 12 miles down the road back in Madison.

As far as cost of the event, all that's charged is bring some food and drink to share. We'll have a huge grill set up on the back fire pit and we'll bring a bunch of stuff to throw on it too. Nobody goes hungry :D

#29 ·
Absolutely, everyone is welcome! Camping is encouraged, drinking is HIGHLY encouraged, and being a Packer fan is almost a requirement. I won't comment on Brett though, he just went to my home state :rolleyes:

PM me if you need more details or just watch this thread, I'll be updating with more current info as time gets closer.

#33 ·
You pass the entrance requirements, welcome to the asylum. There will be other dogs there as well, so much insanity and "BEST DAY EVER OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY" will be had :D

#34 ·
hey...we're practically neighbors! glad I clicked that. It could be my first Element GTG. cool

#39 · (Edited)
That's right, you're all once again invited to our annual bonfire party and campout on our farm land
near Black Earth, WI
! We've spent the year working our works mightily out in the forest and have a number of new things this year, including:
Apparently I should have bolded that originally...:rolleyes: :lol:

I'll see what I can do about getting a mod to edit it for me so there's no more confusion :D

#42 ·
Well if you want a road trip, you're more than welcome! :D

#43 ·
... that's right, you're all once again invited to our annual bonfire party...
  • Tent spaces!
  • Multiple bonfire piles!
  • a HUGE stack of logs for the back fire pit!
  • Dueling potato guns!

...and so much more! There will be more food than you can eat, more drink than you can drunk, and more fun than you can handle! We're even working on some new fun troublemaking, such as a fixed mount remote-trigger potato howitzer, a flaming pumpkin launcher, and things we can't tell you about yet! ....
Although it sounds positively monumental, I shall unfortunately be unable to attend. :-(

A caution, however: I'd be careful about public descriptions of your plans!! Based on your initial post, I see cause for interest by the White House Wierd People Assembly Czar, Fire Safety Czar, Forest Conservancy Czar, Unusual Firearms Czar, Vegetable Abuse Czar, Food Waste Czar, Recreational Beverage Control Czar and, in an oversight capacity, the Excessive Fun and Enjoyment Czar. :rolleyes:

Be careful out there!! Just because you KNOW you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to getcha! :lol:

#44 ·
Let's see...

• Wierd People Assembly Czar - That won't be too big of a problem unless the Misfits come over :lol:
  • Fire Safety Czar - we checked, no burn permit needed unless we're torching a building! :evil:
  • Forest Conservancy Czar - We planted 400 trees this spring on this hill, they have nothing to bitch about!
  • Unusual Firearms Czar - Doesn't use powder, not used as a weapon, no problem!
  • Vegetable Abuse Czar - Now that's just plain silly. Potatoes and pumpkins aren't even vegetables!
  • Food Waste Czar - The pumpkins will all get wasted after Halloween anyway, and the last potato shortage was what, 100 years ago?
  • Recreational Beverage Control Czar - We'll control them just fine, right down our throats!
  • Excessive Fun and Enjoyment Czar - We'll feed him and get him drunk and he won't know the difference!

I think we have all our bases covered then, am I missing anything? :D

#45 ·
hmm

Oh man google maps say it'll only take me 2 hours and 4 minutes to get there!!...so seriously anyone and everyone is welcome? how many people came last year??....cuz i own a tent and an E and i think i could twist some arms to come along. lol :lol:

#46 ·
Oh man google maps say it'll only take me 2 hours and 4 minutes to get there!!...so seriously anyone and everyone is welcome? how many people came last year??....cuz i own a tent and an E and i think i could twist some arms to come along. lol :lol:
All are indeed welcome! I think we usually have about 30-40 people through the evening, though it seems to be ramping up bit by bit every year. Just bring something for the grill and something to drink (and maybe a roll of TP) and you're welcome to join the merriment.

I'll be getting up the more specific details soon-ish!

#47 ·
awesome!

yes save me a spot for my tent and my E!! I'll bring a couple friends and we'll have a great old time eating and drinking and bonfiring the night away!!:D:D

#48 ·
yes save me a spot for my tent and my E!! I'll bring a couple friends and we'll have a great old time eating and drinking and bonfiring the night away!!:D:D
There aren't exactly registrations, but there should be plenty of room for all. Should be a hell of a good time, can't wait to see you there! :D

#49 ·
Connecticut for fall colors, 7 hour drive (fall is my favorite season)

OR

Freakin' cold Wisconsin with possible snow on the ground and 15 hour drive :shock:

Hmmm?

Oh but Connecticut doesn't have a Twilightzero :D. Is that a negative or a positive :confused:

-g

#50 ·
g and twi,
I have a great idea. Next summer, Twi, you should have the camp out and bonfire on the weekend before or after the National East Coast Meet. That's July 29 thru Aug 2, in, near Jamestown, NY - that way those of us that drive 9 hours to get to Hondamoneys farm will drive a few more hours (like 6 more) and visit you. You'd get a lot of the east coasters and Canadians......

Good idea, right? Kill two birds with one stone.

Hey g, that way we could travel to the National and then further to Twi's.
jurn

#55 ·
Awwwwwww :sad:

We'll miss you guys and especially Raz, give him a hotdog and extra pets for me! I'll make sure to personally drink your share so it doesn't go to waste :razz:

#58 ·
**UPDATE**

FYI if anybody from EOC is planning on coming, we are still having the bonfire however at this point we are NOT planning on camping out. It's gonna be COLD, much colder than we anticipated with the date. Please let me know ASAP if you're planning on coming and want help/advice on hotel arrangements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.