Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil: It's that time again, kids! :evil:

Once again you're all invited to the craziest, bonfirey-est, potato gunny-est, stuff-your-facey-est party of them all!

When: October 23, 2010
Where: Outside Black Earth, WI
Who: Everyone!
Why: FIRE!!

I'll post more details as it gets closer. Feel free to ask any questions here and I'll answer as I darn well see fit. Hope to see lots of you there this year! :razz:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Crud. Won't be able to make it. :cry:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Good lawd have you been sitting on the computer for months just waiting for this thread to pop up? I leave to go edit my .sig and you're posting before I can get back! :lol:

...and people say *I* have no life...:roll:
Yup. :twisted:

You have no life, *I* have no wife. :grin:
Brawsie: 2
Twi: 0
:razz:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
sorry...I'm getting married that day...

although a roadtrip from NC to WI, staying in the nicest hotels and dining on the finest cuisine would be infinitely cheaper...

-simpson

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
On my birthday even... ;-)

'course you are pretty much on the other end of the world... :|
Happy early B-Day Benny

I'll be there in Spirit TWI !!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm gonna have to wait and see, promotions mean I have to be responsible for other people (Yeah, the irony of that is astounding)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Gonna put this on my calendar. Any mods happneing??? would love the tailgate-opener-from-the-inside mod...

when it gets closer i'll ask what i can bring etc... :)

tam

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,930 Posts
I'll mark it on my calendar, but need more details on the "primitive facilities".

Hopefully it won't be 95 degrees that weekend with no shade :roll:.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,930 Posts
> need more details on the "primitive facilities"
Sounds to me like no water, no electricity, and maybe even no outhouse. Is that about right, Twi?
Dan - are you planning on coming?

While I can camp almost anywhere there's some shade and a reasonably close access road, my spouse is limited to car camping, which requires a lot more equipment and effort. Without specifics on the camping area, I have no idea what gear to bring. I don't want to bring an entire base camp for a one night event- would rather use a motel.

I'm reluctant to have an open fire where there's no water besides what I pack in. Well-meaning novice campers have destroyed millions of acres of forests that way.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're mostly right. No electricity aside from an inverter and no water apart from what we bring, however we are working on a budget to get an outhouse this year (holy upgrade, Batman!).

As far as fire, there are actually multiple fires involved. There's a very large cooking fire pit with grill and benches where the main activity is, then we also make several piles of cut wood (mostly buckthorn) from this year's activities in various places we want to burn off. Trust me, we're the last people who want the forest on fire since we've been working on rebuilding it for probably pushing 10 years. The piles are carefully placed and the weather is carefully watched. If anything the most common problem we have is actually being too wet and barely being able to light the damn thing, but that's what I have a 3' propane weed burner torch for :evil:

And don't worry, after last year the fire department knows how to get there now! EVERY year we call them and EVERY year we're told we don't need to call if we're not burning down a building. So last year we didn't call...and of course someone called 911 and reported that "The forest is on fire!" Of course we had it perfectly under control, but apparently it cast quite a glow from down at the road! We heard the sirens down by the highway running around and figured there'd been an accident somewhere near and didn't give it another thought. Meanwhile they had blocked off the entire road and took them almost an hour to find the access road. Another few minutes to figure out they couldn't get the fire trucks up there and then they sent the fire chief's SUV up to assess the situation. So he comes driving down the road (more of a trail) and here I am standing in the middle of the woods next to a bonfire holding a 3' flamethrower. He leans out the window, looks at me, and says nice & conversationally, "So...you boys havin' a fire?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Needless to say we'll be calling this year, even if they tell us we don't have to... :roll: And all that to say that we're very careful and after it was all said & done they all went home and everyone had a good laugh!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,930 Posts
Sounds like you'd benefit from a portable potty and privacy shelter. I've seen 'em at Kmart and Wal-Mart for short money.
I could do without them, but we already have them for my spouse (who I can't do without) - along with a screen room, a cook center, tables, chairs and enough other stuff to fill the back of my Element. That's what's left after selling off our lesser used gear.:roll: Twi saw some of it last year.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/album.php?albumid=150&pictureid=497

1 - 20 of 84 Posts