Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been the proud owner of my E for three weeks. Have seen two others so far. What's the status? Any other Minnesotans around?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not in MN, but I am in WI.

I've seen a handful of E's buzzin around Eau Claire. However, so far, the dealership told me I'm only the second sunset orange pearl around the area. Makes it handy for friends to recognize me! ;)

Angie :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also own a 4WD Shoreline Mist E. Someone owns a Galapagos Green one 4 blocks from my house and a guy who works at Byerley's Roseville owns a black one. I have seen two silver ones driving around...I'm kind of surprised there aren't more around.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've seen at least three others from the Twin Cities posting here (besides those who have posted on this thread so far).

And someone not too far across Brooklyn Park has had one parked in their driveway a couple of times as I went by.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Soon to be SOP EX AWD owner here in the northern Suburbs. For the longest time I was only seeing 1-2 a week, but recently I can count on seeing one a day. Record is three in about 45 minutes on I35W!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought one in Brainerd a few days ago. I have seen one other one on the road here, but that is it.

We should have an element meeting here in the lakes area.

Michael

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well i've got a Eternal Blue ex 4wd (very easy to spot, I have a Sticker of Scooter from the Muppets in the back window)

I've actually meet one other owner, outside the CompUSA in Roseville, I She had an EB dx (i think it was 4wd...then again would anyone buy a 2w in the minnesota?!?)

What i don't understand they seemed to be flying off the lot when i bought mine from Burkle Honda. I ended up having to wait for mine (luckly only like a month..but that was one hard month to be around me) But Yeah I've seen more in the last month or so, but i got mine in at the begining of March, and since then....I saw a black one at Lake Josephine, The blue one, and one was following me part of the way down 494 the other night....

I swear we must all be hidding from each other.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got my black E driving from Brooklyn Park to Roseville every day. I often pass another black E parked in a lot right near my office (Right off of Hwy 35, between County Roads C and D).

I should hop out and stick an invite to EOC on their windscreen!

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
if you folks want nothing to do with such a naughty flamer (as myself on these boards in days only recently passed), but now that I've settled down? Have you noticed that nobody's even included Minnesota in the "Midwest" category! What are we, "Not Quite Canadian"? "The almost-but-not-quite Great White North"? What's up with that? It must be the preponderance of scandinavian natives' reserve hereabouts (my own included), but hardly anyone waves or flashes high beams. In three months of ownership I've only been acknowledged by two or three other Element owners on the road. (How can they know so readily that it must be the "evil" hownowcb just trying to say "hi"?) So, for what it's worth - somebody besides me name a place and time to consider meeting, and let's just see what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have seen lots of Minnesota E's. If you wave a good Minnesotan will wave back. Have stopped and talked to a few. You do have to wonder why Minnesota is not listed as one of the Midwest states on this forum! Should we feel snubbed or special?

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote:9bb87900d9=" "] Have you noticed that nobody's even included Minnesota in the "Midwest" category! What are we, "Not Quite Canadian"? "The almost-but-not-quite Great White North". In three months of ownership I've only been acknowledged by two or three other Element owners on the road. (How can they know so readily that it must be the "evil" hownowcb just trying to say "hi"?) So, for what it's worth - somebody besides me name a place and time to consider meeting, and let's just see what happens.[/quote:9bb87900d9]

I'm up for a meeting sometime here in the TC area. In case you haven't noticed Minnesota just became a part of the Midwest listing here! Thanks to TMac ! Since its snowing, how about someplace where we can all park and then go inside for a beer and food and have a real "Elemental Discussion"?

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:e1f622a732=" "]I'm up for a meeting sometime here in the TC area. In case you haven't noticed Minnesota just became a part of the Midwest listing here! Thanks to TMac ! Since its snowing, how about someplace where we can all park and then go inside for a beer and food and have a real "Elemental Discussion"?[/quote:e1f622a732]

Mall of America?

Top floor (sport bars area).

It maybe a mistake to suggesting M of A, since shopping season start this Friday.

Take care,

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote:7bd81551fa=" "]
Mall of America?
Top floor (sport bars area).
It maybe a mistake to suggesting M of A, since shopping season start this Friday.[/quote:7bd81551fa]

Good Place, but.... Was trying to think of someplace where we could all park together in one place and maybe be able to look out the window and see all those beautiful "E's lined up!!! Maybe someone will come up with a good idea at some fun restuarant/bar with a big parking lot that won't be so heavy with Christmas shoppers.....Anyone have ideas?? Doesn't have to be right away, We could wait till after the holidays if it's better for everyone.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Just met the nice co-owner of a silver Element in the Highland Park area this evening. She hadn't heard of the EOC boards here, so I suggested it. And also mentioned our Toy Drive for the holidays. Maybe one more (couple) to include in a local meet? At my age (old) I like to avoid the M of A, but for an Element meet, would sacrifice personal issues in favor of improving local sociability. I may also have volunteered to help deliver the toy bounty in St. Louis, Missouri the weekend of December 19 this evening in the on-site chat, so if someone here has "nothing better to do" that weekend, I may be in need of a copilot for the road trip if they ask me to follow through on my offer!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm not too hot about M of A either.
I suggested it, because it is a well known land mark.

There are two other places that I can think of, Lion's Tap in Eden Prairie and Ma Ma G's in Maple Grove.

I suggested that we should meet before X-MAS, each of us could bring a toy for the Toy Drive that hownowcb volunteered for.

Happy Thanksgiving,

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I know both places, and although they're "out west" for me, I certainly don't mind the drive. But I was hoping nobody would notice my insane offer in the on-site chat last night. If we're just quiet about it, maybe Diane will "forget" and we can mail our contribution. :oops: I did mine through PayPal directly to St. Louis Penguin (Diane) last night, and am happy to see the little bump show up in the club's graph for last night.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
While the rest of Minnesota was napping, I took the opportunity to meet with a Packer fan from Wisconsin (while the Vikings were losing to Chicago and Green Bay was beating San Diego). We had a great time; what were you doing? Neither of us cared who won a stupid football game, by the way. You folks wanna talk, or you wanna meet? (Both our E's were suitably salt-crusted, and yet still beautiful!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
just would like ya to know that i just got my 03 shoreline mist AWD EX w/sab in dec. so far i really like my E :D

1 - 20 of 160 Posts