Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
paid cash to dealer on thursday raido stolen from locked car friday.what is good security system.factory or what.I cant beleave these cars are that easy to get into.05 lx

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
they gave me one key ,said thats all they had,would get me more. your thinken is like mine, wife had it at work late8:30 pm said kid on bike tried to get into store but she was closed. he was on look out. I didnot know car had no factory security system,all my new cars since 91 had them thought they were std now. time for me to quit thinken. nice jvc = crack +busted dash trim what a deal.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
We had a lady not too long ago, bought an E but also didn't get all the keys. Hers was stolen from her driveway. Turns out some crackheads got the key from apparently someone at the dealership.
There will be 2 keys and 1 valet key. The valet key will get you in and start the car. The keys have a chip in them, and need that chip to get into the car.

So if your window wasn't smashed in, I would look into your dealership.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
78 Posts
Like mentioned you should have gotten 3 keys.
I'd be knocking on the dealerships door first thing demanding some answers.

Good luck to you!
D
PS--did you not have the security alarm set? I thought all E's came with the factory alarm.....?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I thought all E's came with the factory alarm.....?
Unfortunately not,the factory security system was an option.

Just like any other car. Hit lock & close the door. As long as your key is not inserted in ignition switch.
Hmm...If I recall,I think you actually need to pull the exterior door handle first,push down the lock,and then shut the door.If not,it just unlocks the door when you shut it. :confused:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Unfortunately not,the factory security system was an option.

Hmm...If I recall,I think you actually need to pull the exterior door handle first,push down the lock,and then shut the door.If not,it just unlocks the door when you shut it. :confused:
I think you're right. This is a feature on all Hondas, and any Honda driving weasel would know it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
when I bought my E, I got three keys and two remotes. I checked both remotes but not the second key. Like six months later I try the other key and oops...it does not work. Somehow they mixed up the keys. Of course, being a dealership they told me I had to pay an insane amount for new ones, but after I went back over and choked the salesman, they did it for free.

I wonder if there is someone out there trying to unlock every E they come across in hopes of getting a free car.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
when I bought my E, I got three keys and two remotes. I checked both remotes but not the second key. Like six months later I try the other key and oops...it does not work. Somehow they mixed up the keys. Of course, being a dealership they told me I had to pay an insane amount for new ones, but after I went back over and choked the salesman, they did it for free.

I wonder if there is someone out there trying to unlock every E they come across in hopes of getting a free car.
Nope they just need to go to the Element they swapped the key with:rolleyes:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
No, you just push down the tab on the door, and it stays locked....

regardless, The OP definately needs to go back and get his other 2 keys from the dealership...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wife said car was locked,needed key to unlock.my first thought was p/o or dealer ship. thought car had system, thats what I get for thinken. I will order a factory unit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts