Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read, and searched, and read, but can't seem to find what I'm looking to get answered, sorry if this is beating down an old topic.

New 2010 Owner here, and I noticed the Radiator is exposed.
Is the 2010 susceptible to Radiator and AC Condensor damage as previous years?

Also, I have been reading here about Windshield concerns.
I have that same question about the Windshield.
Is the 2010 susceptible to Windshield defects as previous years?

Didn't Honda hear about these issues, and make adjustments, or corrections as the E matured?
-----------
I haven't had my E for a week yet. I'm going to the Dealer tomorrow to have them install factory Fog Lights, and was also curious about:
-->Do I need a Mesh Grill, or not. Would it be a self insurance type of addition, or can I get away without it?

Thanks for any insight.

Rick
-Shawnee, Kansas

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I have read, and searched, and read, but can't seem to find what I'm looking to get answered, sorry if this is beating down an old topic.

New 2010 Owner here, and I noticed the Radiator is exposed.
Is the 2010 susceptible to Radiator and AC Condensor damage as previous years?

Also, I have been reading here about Windshield concerns.
I have that same question about the Windshield.
Is the 2010 susceptible to Windshield defects as previous years?

Didn't Honda hear about these issues, and make adjustments, or corrections as the E matured?
-----------
I haven't had my E for a week yet. I'm going to the Dealer tomorrow to have them install factory Fog Lights, and was also curious about:
-->Do I need a Mesh Grill, or not. Would it be a self insurance type of addition, or can I get away without it?

Thanks for any insight.

Rick
-Shawnee, Kansas
The windshield issue was repaired on the production line back in the beginning of the 2004 production run. The windshield issue only affect some 2003 and early 2004 models. There have been some 2005's with some sort of windshield issue, but a recall wasn't issued as far as I know.

As to the radiator for 2010 being any more or less susceptible to a rock hit than the 2003-2009... not much has changed so I can't see it being any more or less of an issue. I have a 2003 with 130,000+ miles and no issues with my radiator or ac condenser... ymmv

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The windshield issue was repaired on the production line back in the beginning of the 2004 production run. The windshield issue only affect some 2003 and early 2004 models. There have been some 2005's with some sort of windshield issue, but a recall wasn't issued as far as I know.

As to the radiator for 2010 being any more or less susceptible to a rock hit than the 2003-2009... not much has changed so I can't see it being any more or less of an issue. I have a 2003 with 130,000+ miles and no issues with my radiator or ac condenser... ymmv
Larry,

Thanks for your feedback.
Much Obliged!

I have a Tendancy to worry about things in a Preventative mode, being a Telecom Tech.
In my career, I tend to "watch" for things B4 they break.
While reading this EOC Forum, and as a new Member here, THOSE two things alone had caught my attention.

Thanks again Dude!

Rick

·
Registered
244 Posts
The HomeDepot / Lowes Grille mod is a simple mod that does add protection. Definately worth the 30 min max. project

1 - 4 of 4 Posts