Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

1) I have a 2003 Element ( the model with the sub woofer) and I need to unlock the doors with a key, the old fashioned way which is fine but I wonder if there is some trick, like on Toyota where two clicks opens the other door OR would the remote access kit be a better option?

2) My windshield washer fluid seems to spray intermediatly. I'll try to squirt it and no go. Then I use the rear window washer and go back to the front and it works. This has happened a few times. Same pattern. All though sometimes the front works w/o issue. Is there something I am missing here?

Any help always great,

Gary

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome aboard Gary.

1) The door lock only unlocks the door you put the key in. You need key less entry to unlock all doors at once.

2) Your washer fluid is most likely freezing. Try to over use it while it's warm enough to flow and replace it with winter fluid. If the fluid has been in the car for a while the alcohol evaporates and basically leaves you with blue water. You can also dump a bottle of rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol in the reservoir to thaw it out.

·
Registered
510 Posts
keyless entry was an option back then on 03 models.but it is all prewired.all u need to do is buy a keyless entry kit from dealership for like $250,and only will take u less than 15 mins to install...
thats what i did and i got the keyless entry kit for free from the dealership when i bought my element back in 2003 nov:-D

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I made sure the dealership threw in the key less entry (amongst other things) when we bought it...

I was having a problem with intermittent washer just before the pump seized up...
After I replaced it (real easy to do, and the replacement pump was only $20) the washer was still intermittent, like yours...
So I disconnected the nozzles, and the lines from the pump, and blew air through them. It must have been something stuck, cause it worked just fine after that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I second Lizzurd and Casper's post. I ordered the kit from H & A and installed it yesterday in my son's car in 10 minutes. SUPER EASY!!!! The dealership wanted $260! NOTE: There is no need to disconnect the battery before doing this like some directions say. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts