Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've dug through the postings and think I have my answer but I wanted to check with everyone else to make sure I'm on he right track. I have a 2004 EX which has the dark grey roof garnish, I'd like to change the roof garnish to black so it matches the A pillar and side door garnish. If I'm not mistaken the 2006 models used all black garnish, is that correct? If so, is it possible to use the 2006 black garnish on a 2004? Having looked at a bunch of pictures they all appear to be the same pieces and looks like it would be an easy swap.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your insights

Scott

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your input. I went to the Majestic Honda parts page for the 2006 Element and they only list the roof garnish in "Bumper Dark Grey". Perhaps I need to call them and get clairfication?

Thanks again for your input

Scott

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both Majestic Honda and my local Honda dealership show the A pillar and B pillar (so to speak) as "Gloss Black" and the roof garnish as "Bumper Dark Gray" so there is a distinction between the two as far as Honda is concerned though my local dealer has yet to be able tell me for certain if the '06 roof granish is black or bumper grey. Should these guys know this sort of thing?

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mystery Solved! After spending a couple more hours with my local Honda parts dept trying to make sense of this gloss black / bumper grey nonsense we have figured it out. There was a service bulletin sent out some time back that states the parts catalogs are incorrect from 2005 - 2007 regarding the color of the roof garnish. The bulletin states that any Element painted NBP, MM, etc should have black garnish and the parts dept should include the paint code of the vehicle the garnish is to be used on to make sure the black garnish is sent instead of the bumper grey. Needless to say I'll be ordering the black garnish in the morning. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Scott

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Mystery Solved! After spending a couple more hours with my local Honda parts dept trying to make sense of this gloss black / bumper grey nonsense we have figured it out. There was a service bulletin sent out some time back that states the parts catalogs are incorrect from 2005 - 2007 regarding the color of the roof garnish. The bulletin states that any Element painted NBP, MM, etc should have black garnish and the parts dept should include the paint code of the vehicle the garnish is to be used on to make sure the black garnish is sent instead of the bumper grey. Needless to say I'll be ordering the black garnish in the morning. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Scott
Did you ever get a copy of this TSB or part numbers? I was thinking of doing this or painting my old garnish black. I would like it to match the black A pillar garnish too.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Image of of "Black" roof garnish :)

Regards,

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Image of of "Black" roof garnish :)

Regards,
So does the "black" roof garnish exactly match the A-piller trim black or is it a little different? I'm beginning to think I'll try Krylon Fusion. I've had great luck with it on other areas and with it up high it should be even better unless it fades.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
So does the "black" roof garnish exactly match the A-piller trim black or is it a little different? I'm beginning to think I'll try Krylon Fusion. I've had great luck with it on other areas and with it up high it should be even better unless it fades.
The two colors match.

Regards,

·
Registered
467 Posts
Stress Mark in Replacement Roof Cladding

All the roof cladding on my E had to be replaced under warranty as it developed blisters between the top layer and the next layer. It took three tries until the local dealer received replacement cladding the was not damaged.

Problem #1: One replacement piece had a gouge in it.

Problem #2: Twice both rear cladding on the E had to be replaced because there was a slight graying/greying of the cladding in the middle. This indicates to me that somewhere along the line, this cladding was slightly bent. This discoloration could NOT be seen under shop lights, but put it in the sun and you could see the 'stress' discoloration 50 feet away. The dealer had to order these 2 times.

Just be forewarned.

Bob

285 Posts
Roof gernish removal

Does anybody know how to remove the middle roof garnish piece?
I've taken out the necessary bolts and nuts to remove the back pieces and the center for that matter but the center will not come off. It's as though it's held down in the middle of it. I've removed the two outer nuts for the center garnish, so does the middle of the center garnish just snap off or is it bolted down somewhere else? I didn't want to pry too hard in fear of breaking it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
285 Posts
Take off the caps for the roof rack anchors (they just pry off with a screwdriver). I believe the center piece has a bolt under there if I remember right.
Yeah, did all that. Actually there are 2 nuts that hold the center garnish on, along with the frt. and rear garnish.
The problem I'm having is that it seems that the center of the middle garnish is still being held down some how. I didn't want to pry it up until I find out how it's held in.:confused:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts