Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other Element owners must be having this same problem.

After a week or so, two white marks appear on the lower vinyl trim, just above the bottom of the two front doors ?

I remove them and they return in a week or two so I am thinking they are weep ares, that release rain or trapped water and perhaps picking up some white lithium grease from somewhere on the door area and leaving it's trace on the upper part of the vinyl trim, under the doors.

Who else has or is having this issue ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got my E a few weeks ago and that was happing on the passenger door only. I cleaned it twice and now I dont see it anymore. I suspect you are right

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have two white areas appearing on my driver's side lower trim area under the door. I'm going to try and clean them off and hopefully they go away permanently.

Rickcin, are you still having problems with this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have noticed the white spots also

Hi,

I have noticed the white spots on below the front doors also. What is the best way to clean them off.

:-(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Having the same issues. The whits spots are showing on the edge by the doors. looks like the dye is worn low on the plastic. I only have 16,000 miles on the E and hope nothing is worn out. Is the dealer doing anything?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Having the same issues. The whits spots are showing on the edge by the doors. looks like the dye is worn low on the plastic. I only have 16,000 miles on the E and hope nothing is worn out. Is the dealer doing anything?
Mine appeared after just 1,000 miles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have something that sounds similar. I looked and they lined up perfectly with the drains on the bottom edge of the door. it's been snowing in DC and it appeared to be the same salt residue i've got everywhere else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts