Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I haven't been here in a LONG time. Sorry about that!

I'm here asking for advice. We had a minor . . . uh . . . "incident" today involving my male dog and my passenger seat . . .

The headrest is gone and the side panels of the seat are shredded, but the rest is intact. Would it be worth it to get an estimate for re-upholstery or should I try to find a used seat somewhere? Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1- Start calling local salvage yards the first thing Tuesday morning.

2- Shoot the dog.
Unfortunately gunfire is what got us into this mess. LOL!!

He ate his crate last week at training. This week, while a new crate was in the works, he was just left loose in the car awaiting his turn to get on the field. He was fine until we started in on the gunfire with another dog. What you see in that pic is 5 minutes of gunfire and my boy's frustration.

Damn dog . . . he needs to get a JOB to pay for this damage . . .

And thanks for the suggestion. I'll start making some phonecalls this week.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Chances are an Element in a salvage yard will have a better looking passenger seat than a driver's seat so you may luck out.

Good hunting.:)

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Chances are an Element in a salvage yard will have a better looking passenger seat than a driver's seat so you may luck out.

Good hunting.:)
I agree, and I just thought of something, you are lucky you DONT have
the seat airbags. I bet your pooch would be in some serious trouble if
you did!!! I dont know if your dog could have activated one with what
he did, but I'm glad we DONT know what would have happened!!!

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually looked closer and the seat has a tag that says "side airbag". WOW! So lucky nothing got set off.

He has a new, temporary, metal tiger cage that he hates, but it's better that he be ticked off than I lose another seat!!!

And yes, we'll be making a custom dog box for the back to fit both of my dogs. I'll take pictures when we finish.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What kind of training would cause him to eat his crate??

I hope you're not using his crate to punish him. That would cause him to eat his crate.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Turn it in to your insurance co, and put it towards leather upgrade.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
When your insurance asks what happened, make sure you say . . . "my dog ate it".

·
Registered
1 Posts
re.new seat

Hey,
Mine is disintegrating on the driver's side seat cushion panel. No one can match the upholstery. I'm trying greenleaf.com and will post any responses I get.
John
Florida

·
Registered
256 Posts
I"m assuming that Fido is being trained as a hunting dog. Is it "Normal" for dogs to react like this at the beginning of their training? Otherwise I might suggest that he's just not cut out for that type of activity if it causes him this much anxiety.

·
Registered
207 Posts
:shock::shock::shock:

·
Registered
156 Posts
All I want to know is what kind of dog you have. I had a German Shepard who was really scared of loud noises. My Belgian Tervuren could care less.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts