Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longtime lurker. Had to sell my 2005 EX Element (rust) something about family needing to eat or whatever. Bought a 2005 LX (that's the lower model right? It sounds backwards.) in Galapagos Green, I like the color better, actually.

No frills. I had to pretend the sky light wasn't important, one of those spare the spouses feelings sort of thing, but man, i wish it had one. So far I've added the cooler console (cheater) that was linked to here, the fab fake fog lights,lol, and if we ever have money again would like to get a few things done.

Like better wheels. They probably can't cut a hole in the roof, huh?

This Element is remarkable though in that is has 96,000 miles on it but looks new. NOVA Student/Teacher used it for commute or something, but took great care of it. So if it's yours, thanks!

Still trying to peel that damn 'Browns' sticker off the back,won't ever buy from them again, but that's probably best not aired here. Bought this from Rockville Motors.

Hey, if linking to my blog is against TOS would someone give me a head's up? I always do, but wasn't really sure what the rule were here.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Well, we tried...

:lol: Dang Rolie...! :lol:

You beat me out by 7 minutes...! Have a great Labor Day...! Oh, and congrats on your E... Hope she brings you many years of service and enjoyment...

LBD

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, uh, you like pics?

Do you have to link pics here? I'm so used to loading from the PC but I have an ancient photobucket account somewhere....

And I DID fill out my profile, so there. I mean, how much info is required? ;-)

Hmmm, is it not showing, oh the joys of learning a new forum. If you tell me how to load pics, I'll take some. I've only had the E like, a month. The other I had a year but I didn't know there was a cult, uh, group for E owners.

What is the lifespan on an E? I've never owned a car with so much mileage before. It's very well maintained, used for local driving, with the occasional camping trip or transport.

I still have the "It's going to hit 100,000 and die." thought in my head. No, I have NO idea why.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
So, uh, you like pics?

Do you have to link pics here? I'm so used to loading from the PC but I have an ancient photobucket account somewhere....
Yes

And I DID fill out my profile, so there. I mean, how much info is required? ;-)
Where you live, type of element you drive, Social security #, name of first born, name of all pets, what you had for dinner, pet peeves, favorite meal and your favorite inflatable animals.

Hmmm, is it not showing, oh the joys of learning a new forum. If you tell me how to load pics, I'll take some. I've only had the E like, a month. The other I had a year but I didn't know there was a cult, uh, group for E owners.
We have a whole thread that explains that:rolleyes:

What is the lifespan on an E? I've never owned a car with so much mileage before. It's very well maintained, used for local driving, with the occasional camping trip or transport.

I still have the "It's going to hit 100,000 and die." thought in my head. No, I have NO idea why.
It's not broke in till it has 100,000 miles on it.
With proper maintenance you should in the future be still driving it while everyone else is in flying cars.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, that's good. I think I did the same thing on the Larrivee forum, you'd think I'd know better than to do this stuff late at night.

Any thoughts on lifespan? With the E of course, the other issue is a bit weighty for the Saturday morning brain.

·
12,179 Posts
So, uh, you like pics?

We do have at least one member that has over 200,000 miles on his. Lifespan is not as much of a worry as cars built 20 years ago. As long as you do your regular maintenance and take care of any problems as soon as they pop up there is no reason why you can't be driving the same E 20 years from now if you so desire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts