Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Recently bought an 07E EX AWD AT. At its most upright the back of the drivers seat still slants way too far back for me (unlike with the old CRV I just sold, which allowed an almost vertical rise). I have to put an entire roll of paper towels behind my back in the E to get any kind of vertical support. In addition, the part of the seat you sit on sits a little too low, such that in order to rest one's arm on the door with an open window, I have to raise my arm up and in seconds it's very uncomfortable (in the CRV, the top of the door [with window rolled down] was exactly aligned with comfortable resting one's arm there). I am 5'4" - short - but not the shortest person out there, yet these issues making driving the car very uncomfortable (why did I buy it - I otherwise like it! CRV's have morphed into sedan looking 'things' over the years so I didn't want another one of those....)

So....... I am wondering where one can get some kind of (orthopedic?) seat cushions that can compensate for these problems? Any insights would be most sincerely appreciated!!!!! Thanks much :)

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Several people have had the same feelings. I did a quick search to find the threads.

Try this one.

Dom

·
Registered
536 Posts
Uncomfortable Driver's Seat

I cannot speak for an 07 model but I doubt if there is very much difference between an 04 and an 07 seat design. I could be wrong however. Maybe there is a malfunction with the seatback mechanism that is not allowing the seat to come to the fully upright postion. Just a thought.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Uncomfortable E seat.

For such a cool vehicle, Honda should redesign the seats. I travel on the road over a 1000 miles a week and my back is a diaster.
Many years ago I had back surgey, and my doctor recommended using Obus Forme back and seat rest. From that day forward I've used one in all my cars especally the E. Check it out www.obusforme.com
Maybe we could arrange a group buy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can't imagine the full upright seatback not being upright enough, its pretty much vertical. Maybe the seat is malfunctioning as previously suggested??

As for the seat not being high enough. I'm assuming you've already used the adjustment knob to raise the seat as high as it goes?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just checked my 07 EX, my seat goes vertical, and then some..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody!

As to the seat, every one I test drove, as well as the one I bought, all lean back the same way at their most vertical (and yes, have used adjustment knob for seat height, to the max. I want to come back as a taller person next life :^))

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks everybody!

As to the seat, every one I test drove, as well as the one I bought, all lean back the same way at their most vertical (and yes, have used adjustment knob for seat height, to the max. I want to come back as a taller person next life :^))
I'm 6'4" so i'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. Its tough to find a vehicle with ENOUGH headroom. The E works out perfectly :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts