Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read on this forum that some have installed an amp under the pass seat but i'm unclear if there is a difference between an sc or ex etc seat hight difference.

I have recently received a Memphis 16-MC4.50 amp

12.59"x7.77"x2.24"

I was wondering if you think it would fit under the passenger seat of my 08 sc

trying to keep her as oem looking a possible

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I've read on this forum that some have installed an amp under the pass seat but i'm unclear if there is a difference between an sc or ex etc seat hight difference.

I have recently received a Memphis 16-MC4.50 amp

12.59"x7.77"x2.24"

I was wondering if you think it would fit under the passenger seat of my 08 sc

trying to keep her as oem looking a possible
I can't imagine there would be difference in seat height in the SC. I have an amp under my driver seat that is 8.8 x 7.7 x 1.7. I had to slightly modify the plastic panel that covers the floor to clear the RCA's. I plan to put another amp of the exact same dimensions under the passenger seat one of these days. If I ever get up enough motivation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really - crap ive just invested in some amp including the one from my brother in law

I guess they are going under the rear seats ..... I was hoping not to incase i needed to remove them but i guess thats the new sport

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey Pro, are you happy with that Alpine PDX? looking to buy one once Sonic has them back in stock (much cheaper there than at Crutchfield).

·
Registered
680 Posts
Whatabout the 09's

Alpine PDX-5
It just fits under the seat.
cello everybody,

Does anyone know if the Alpine PDX's will fit under the seat
on the 2009's? Is there any changes in the seats from
08's to 09's?

Also, I was wondering what you guys thought of a dual channel
vs. a mono channel for just a sub....i already changed my other speakers out.

·
Registered
877 Posts
cello everybody,

08's to 09's?

No clue on the 09's vs. 08's. Only thing I can tell you about are the 05's.

As far as mono vs 'stereo' on subs, it doesn't really matter as you'll probably end up bridging the stereo channels together anyways. Personally, I prefer the mono blocks as they often are class-d (more efficient and the sq drop isn't usually noticeable on subs) as well as often more bang for the buck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
should fit, i fitted a alpine mrp-320 (13-3/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 10"D ) under my passenger and driver seat. had to cut a little plastic piece off but its not visible. i have a 2010 SC

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had a JL M600/6 (10.23 in. x 7.09 in. x 2.05 in.) installed under the driver's seat in my 2010, Fits just fine with no issues.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks for real this time...hahaha

So, I just got a JL Stealthbox(for $200 used) and I am looking to buy an Amp that will fit under the driver or passenger seat, wont break the bank, and I wanted it to hit. Any Suggestions???

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had excellent experiences on multiple occasions with these Hitron Amps.
Hitron HA-1000.1
That's a perfect amp for the stealth box, and should fit just fine. Also, pretty much the best price you could get. I like the black ones better, but for the element the gray looks better, and it's ten bucks cheaper!
-TD

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
this amp fits perfect.
And at 75x4 and 300x1 .........no problem.
So you did away with the air duct that goes to the rear? I was trying my damndest to get mine to fit and ended up throwing in the towel and mounted it to the back of the seat.

How did you run your wires?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
cello everybody,

08's to 09's?

Since sub bass frequencies are omnidirectional then it's usually best to just go with the subs in mono.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Polk 330 Amp

Cello again,
Just wanted to let you all know that I went to Best buy and got my JL Stealthbox put in...I bought the Polk 330 amp from Best Buy and the tech installed it under the passenger seat. He had to take the seat out to install it, but it has plenty of room...sorry I dont have any pics, but my seat still can slide front to back...I am very happy with the results so far. You can look up the specs on the amp if you go to Bestbuy.com...The amp is really small...i think smaller than the PDX, but probably not as good...but it is inexpensive.

As for the JL Stealthbox...it hits alrite...not competition level, but it bumps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts