Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any experience with an under the seat subwoofer in the Element? I really don't want to fork out the cash for the JBL subwoofer that goes in the trash can area.

·
Registered
25 Posts
anyone have any experience with an under the seat subwoofer in the Element? I really don't want to fork out the cash for the JBL subwoofer that goes in the trash can area.
I think it`s crazy idea. The take-off trunk sub installation is better

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
They make low profile subs that would fit under the seat. There's next to no room under there in my '08. I imagine the 07 would be the same due to the extra wiring and junk under there for the seat air bags.

Google "low profile powered subwoofer" and see what comes up.

·
Registered
14 Posts

so has anyone installed a sub inclosure under there front seat? I have a 04 DX and would like to do the same.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
And when the bass really gets going.........it will put a big smile on your face!!!!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have seen under the seat subs in the back before. Did you want to put them up front? Not very much room at all up there. Check cruthfield.com to see what they have. It would give you SOME bass, but don't expect to get real low low bass.

·
Registered
562 Posts
you probably only have about a 10.5"x9"x2" area under there to work with, to get this you have to be willing to cut out the floor vents. I have a amp under each seat. the largest is close to the dimensions and its a tight fit.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Elemental Designs (I swear they don't pay me to recommend them like this, I've just had nothing but great results and great customer service with them... oh and the owner bought me lunch) has a slim mount sub, the sq10. One of the few subs of their that I haven't heard or had any experience with, but from what I've heard they're pretty impressive for as slim as they are.
Pretty positive they won't fit under the front seats, but it might under the back (not sure on the seat measurements) or you could build a box in the center console area

·
Registered
23 Posts
A cheap alternative ...

I just installed a factory sub bought off Ebay for $40, which is powered by a JVC KS-AX3002 amp I got from Crutchfield for around $60, in my LX. Sounds much better than any stock EX I've heard. And with the amp under the passenger seat so everything appears stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts