Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good diagrams or pictures of the E's undercarriage? I'd appreciate any info!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If you check that thread about the E that flipped off of the highway and landed on it's side there might be some pictures of the underside LOL. ;-)

Seriously though I'm sure there are more than a few E'ple with either a good link or a pdf.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.....I should have been more specific- a diagram which would explain what everything is. I am hazy on this sort of thing.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
On that clear 'far side' photo the major parts are (text placement approx same as on photo):

front subframe .... gas tank .. fuel tank emissions canister

transmission ... rear drive shaft .. RT4WD and rear diff ... spare tire well

and engine .... exhaust system (cat, resonator, muffler)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks- I appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
For clarity, this image is missing the rear subframe - which sits below the rear diff, and connects the lower control arms of the rear wheels.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I' m pretty hip as to what the undercarriage LOOKS like, since I have been staring up at mine quite a lot in the last couple of days. I just don' t know exactly what it all is. Most, but not all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the picture above there's a big plastic protection cover ahead of LHS rear wheel. What's it protecting because I have a "slap" rattle coming from there whenever I go over bumps, and on the roads around me that's every day? What might have come loose over 100k miles to cause this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts