Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just got done reading it too, albeit over about 3 different sittings between errands. Very interesting, makes me want to send the link to my salesperson.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mooch - A customer who wants to buy a car at invoice. "People are spending too much time on the Internet. It's turning them into a bunch of mooches."

Yep, that was me .. and proud of it.

I am so glad that car salesmen are finally starting to become obsolete.

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote:0f8e70baf1="buckaroo99"]I am so glad that car salesmen are finally starting to become obsolete.[/quote:0f8e70baf1]

I dunno, it's already getting to the point where invoice means nothing anymore. Frankly, back in the day before the internet, if you were a very good negotiator, you probably got a better deal than someone buying at invoice today. Keep in mind that those poor saps paying sticker are somewhat subsidizing the people who twist arms.

So, you want the day to come when the car companies just slap MSRP on the car and say "no haggle"? This is why I didn't buy a Saturn. They are very overpriced compared to their competition. All dealerships are no haggle if you walk in and agree to pay sticker.

·
Registered
227 Posts
One young guy was killing time by goofing around with his Palm Top computer. He was outfitted in designer jeans and a T-shirt, so I wasn't surprised to hear that he had just bought the radical new SUV our dealership sold.
So which type of dealership do you think he was working for? High-pressure... Japanese... radical SUV... hmmmmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts