Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the HD grill but, I just can't afford the "chance" of its failure ($700+ labor). So, I searched, and searched, until 'viola' a for-real grill 46.8" X 7.8", a universal at that. It's made by American Products Company, their website and is the Super Street Series #821055P. Here are the retailers where you may find them.

I painted the grill semi-flat black to match the grill above (2 hrs paint drying), removed the entire front bumper (5 min), cut the grill (30 sec), used -doubled up on plastic ties to hold it in (1 min), and all for just $50.18! That included the grill, can of paint, and black ties. Beauty, strength and peace of mind in 11 min and 30 sec. I love my E.

Thanks honey (my wife) for loaning me the $50.[/url]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Which one did you get? THe triangles or the flams? The flames are kinda cool. Send pics! And thanks for the info!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the triangles. The flames looked like the holes are big enough so that a rock may get through and *gringe* the unthinkable happen.

As soon a they are processed I'll post the photos of the grill and how to remove the front bumber.

·
Registered
493 Posts
[quote:85eece05bf="Kigotai"]Which one did you get? THe triangles or the flams? The flames are kinda cool. Send pics! And thanks for the info![/quote:85eece05bf]

<perk> What's THIS? FLAMES, you say? on a grill??? Perhaps I can add more flames to my Flaming Box with these flaming grills? I gotta check into this!! :mrgreen:

Ger

·
Registered
84 Posts
WOW!!! What a pain in mule it was to actually find a picture of that grille.

I finally found it after about 30 minutes.

I tell ya Gadzuki, the "triangles" were infact the better looking choice in my opinion. The flames left a lot to be desired, unless one were willing to get into a detailed painting project.

Those "triangles" play a bit of a trick on the eyes. At first glance they look like perforated triangles. However, looking a bit closer, it appears to be a bio-hazard pattern. Did anyone else notice this?

For those of you having a hard time finding this item...

Click on the link bellow.
http://www.jegs.com/

Then do a product search (located at the top of the page) for PART# 821055P. Only use the number as shown in bold text.

**EDIT**
I failed to mention that as a result of the above search you will bee able to view both FLAME and TRIANGLE patterns.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fellow E-sapiens, here is the fruit of my labor. And, now for your viewing pleasure. NOTE: The final product is at the bottom of the page.

I went through the same exact thing ElementShadow. Glad you found it.

At first I saw the bio-hazard pattern, then the triangles w/circles, then the "Y" shapes... cool opticals, huh?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks great Gadzuki!

You also did an awsome job on putting together that installation page.

Thanks for show me/us you efforts.

Ultimately, I think I'm gonna go with the Cloud-Rider grille.

www.cloud-rider.com

Gotta look under new products.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wow, Gadzuki, that was a heck of a lot of detailed pictures you took. Surely no one can muck up that or any similiar installation by following those instructions.

Ger

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ger Brassfield,

That is great your wife loan you the 50 bucks for the grill, I wonder what a Texan have to do to repaid the 50 bucks :?:

·
Registered
493 Posts
[quote:632e353259="boxonw"]Ger Brassfield,

That is great your wife loan you the 50 bucks for the grill, I wonder what a Texan have to do to repaid the 50 bucks :?:[/quote:632e353259]

Uh, Box????

You better scroll back up and see who loaned who the $50, ok? I don't need to have anybody, much less my wife, "loan" me money!

And Box...........the syntax of the last half of your sentence needs improvement!!

Ger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts