1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm the proud new owner of a 2009 Element... but it came with issues =/
Most of them I can fix or live with except for this:

Pressing the unlock button on the Honda key fob does not disarm the alarm. The car will unlock but as soon as the door is opened the alarm will start honking until the key is put in the ignition and turned to the on position. The previous owner said the Karr alarm was dealer installed and worked perfectly until last week...
help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe there was a separate fob for the alarm?

Hard to diagnose an aftermarket alarm installation at this remove. I would disable it; alarms are a nuisance anyway.
i asked the previous owner, he said that the honda fobs are the only ones that came with the car.
i do want to disable the alarm but i don't want to lose the key less function or immobilize the car :?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Look under the driver's side of the dash to find the box that controls the alarm. It will have non-original wiring going to it. Depending on who installed it, it may look like it was done by a five-year-old. Then unplug it and verify your keyless entry works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally removed the dealer installed Karr alarm. Other than a few plugs, zip ties, and etape just had to jump the orange starter kill wires ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts