Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:? My dealer screwed a licence plate holder with their Dealer Tag attached right through the front bumber leaving two holes in the plastic. I told them not to apply badging, but they went ahead anyway. Do I have the right to get them to replace the bumper plastic? Would any of you be upset at this? In NM a front license plate isn't necessary so it was an unnecessary addition. Color me upset! :?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would be livid, especially if I had asked them not to affix anything with dealer identity on it. Take it back and make sure you get it fixed to your satisfaction. I don't think having them replace it is to much to ask.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I would be very upset as well.

Check to see if the holes were there before, I know here in NY we need front plates as well as rear plates, and I believe that there were holes before the plates were attached.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:? The holes are from screws being drilled directly into the front of the bumper. Nothing was there previously. It's ugly to say the least. I'll be calling them tomorrow and taking it in when my "extras" are in. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
118 Posts
When I saw what they were doing, I told the sales manager that I wouldn't buy from them for that very reason. I told them that they had no right to screw up somebody elses car like that. After all, all those cars are going to other owners, not the dealership! They are the typical old-fashioned crooked dealership in my opinion and I will steer potential buyers away from them every chance I get. :evil:

·
Registered
352 Posts
That section of the bumper where they screwed in the plate holder is replaceable. It takes about 10 minutes to replace it, so there's no reason why they couldn't get a new one or one off an unsold E.

·
Registered
64 Posts
when I got my E, there werent any holders available. I had the good fortune to get one from Lon so that I could display my beauty's name.

47 AG 107

different strokes...........shaka!! 8)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi,

Is their any other way to install the front license plates without drilling any holes in the front bumper? Is it easy to drill the holes yourself or should i let the dealer do it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
There are 4 places marked on the back side of the plastic grille/bumper that indicate where the holes should be drilled. I got this info from the H and A website when looking at the fake skid plate accessory.

You may be able to do it from the front without removing the whole front end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote:634ed7a107="Element"]Hi,

Is their any other way to install the front license plates without drilling any holes in the front bumper? Is it easy to drill the holes yourself or should i let the dealer do it?

Thanks.[/quote:634ed7a107]

The dealer that so called 'installed' the licence plate holder just punched screws directly into the front of the bumper. Doesn't appear that they drilled it at all, rather just did it the easy way. I'm gonna have them replace it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I checked the front license plate holder when I picked up my Element on Wednesday, we are required to have front plates here, and there is a special plate holder--no holes in the bumper!

·
Registered
48 Posts
check your front plate holder - if it is factory there will be some self-tapping screws in a small bag. One simply affixes the holder and drives the screws in. There is no pre-marked area.

·
Registered
70 Posts
mmathews said:
I checked the front license plate holder when I picked up my Element on Wednesday, we are required to have front plates here, and there is a special plate holder--no holes in the bumper!
Got a pic? Mine uses self tapped screws. A few months ago someone either kicked my plate or hit it with their car and the upper portion that hooks to the bumper got pushed back and hooked on another part of the bumper and the screws were ripped out of the front. Luckily it was easily fixed.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
SBGamesCone said:
Got a pic? Mine uses self tapped screws. A few months ago someone either kicked my plate or hit it with their car and the upper portion that hooks to the bumper got pushed back and hooked on another part of the bumper and the screws were ripped out of the front. Luckily it was easily fixed.

I doubt you are going to get any pics....this thread is 3 years old.

·
Registered
70 Posts
lizzurd said:
I doubt you are going to get any pics....this thread is 3 years old.
LOL. I didn't even check and don't have any idea how I stumbled upon it. Maybe it was a "related" thread or something. Who knows.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I, myself, would like to see if there is a front plate holder that does not require screws. I asked my Honda dealer about this and they said they were required to put on the front plate even though our state does not requirement.

·
Registered
877 Posts
This is just my guess, but i'm guessing by saying it didn't use screws mmatthews meant that the plate didn't screw into the bumper, that it just screwed into the holder. but thats just my guess.

-jp

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
PaytonsE said:
I, myself, would like to see if there is a front plate holder that does not require screws. I asked my Honda dealer about this and they said they were required to put on the front plate even though our state does not requirement.
They lied.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts