Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally had a few hours to get the orders ALL processed and ready for shipping. They are ready to go to the Post Office tomorrow. The ONLY orders that are NOT being shipped are those that were canceled, disputed via PayPal or refunded via PayPal. Otherwise all orders placed as of 6pm EST July 20, 2010 will be shipped tomorrow.

As for the update on my Mom. She was admitted to NY Pres at Columbia University on Friday June 4th to be for a heart transplant and hopefully to get onto the UNOS list. Well, she was in far, far worse shape than anyone really thought. She went into kidney failure over the weekend, Sunday was actually her 71st Bday... not a great way to spend it to say the least. By Sunday the Dr's said she had to make a decision regarding an LVAD. She decided to have one in the hopes that she would get a heart and be here for it.

On Monday she underwent the 5+ hour operation. She came out of it in much better shape than any of the Dr's ever had hoped. She was in the CTICU for a week during her recovery. She then spent the next 4+ weeks in the hospital.

While she was recovering in the hospital Rachel and I needed to prepare our house so she could come and live with us. We ended up doing a TON of work on our ground floor Den for her to move into for the next 2-3 months. I spent literally 2 weeks either performing construction or spending hours and hours at the hospital. I was working until 2 or 3am for those 2 weeks.

My Mom was finally released from the hospital on the Tuesday after July 4th. She has been with us now 2 weeks. Unfortunately I had to bring her back to the hospital this past Saturday and she didn't come home until yesterday. A minor issue with some settings for her pump which were resolved. She is now in 100% recuperation mode and getting stronger each and every day.

I didn't go into every single detail of the entire ordeal but suffice to say it was very stressful. Having to care for my infant daughter during all of this didn't make things easy either. I had to put my job hunt on hold for weeks at a time so I could be at the hospital or rebuilding parts of the house. Yes, at the beginning of all of this I lost my job which I was at for 6+ yrs due to budget cuts.

Again, I am very sorry for the delays. Every time I told someone I was going to get things shipped I really had the time but then something literally would come up and I couldn't get to it for days or weeks then had no time.

Thanks again for being patient.

Larry

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Thanks for the update Larry!

Hopefully, things will go a bit smother for you from this point forward..

I'll keep your mom in my prayers.

Dom

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry to hear about this whole ordeal with your Mom. Hopefully things will continue to improve for her and your family. Prayers and good energy are being sent your way! Thanks for keeping us all up to speed on your situation I'm sure it's not easy to find the time (or energy) to do it.

If the people who placed the orders can't understand your situation they don't deserve to fly the EOC colors!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Praying that things improve quickly for your mother, you and your family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts