Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my E for a few weeks now and have been bothered by mediocre sound and more importantly, the inability to listen to the tunes on stored on my iPhone.

I ordered from Crutchfield Sunday night, it shipped Monday, it arrived yesterday, and I installed it (and four speakers) today. It's a huge upgrade in quality and function for not a lot of coin. In the bottom picture I'm playing the tunes on my phone via bluetooth. I can also plug the iPhone into the USB port and charge it while controlling the tunes from the head or the iPhone itself. The aux-in will be handy when my kids are with me and want to plug their players in.

Head: Pioneer DEH-P6100BT
Front Speakers: Polk Audio db 651s
Rear Speakers: Pioneer TS-G1643R

Total cost: <$450 shipped (overnight)
Total time: ~2.5 hours (haven't done this in a long, long time)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice job Jeff, all you need now is an AMP and a SUB to maximize your listening pleasure. :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job Jeff, all you need now is an AMP and a SUB to maximize your listening pleasure. :lol:
Where does one put an amp/sub in an 06 LX Element?

It can't go in the back. I'm a gigging musician and need that real estate for hauling gear.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
You hook in a Kenwood KSC-SW10 and bolt it on over the "trash can" under the shifter:

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-SW10-150-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B00134X0AO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266461134&sr=8-1

I have a KSC-SW1 to install (previous version) but haven't gotten it installed yet. Inspiration is from this thread:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=126190&postcount=54

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
This is an old pic of my setup but the sub is the same. Works great! and uses factory box and mounting location.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
I'm not hating or anmything, but I don't think either of those two set ups look very good....If i had an lx i'd go with the JL Audio stealth box....much vleaner look & sound in my opinion...http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1404
The price of the stealth box kills it for me, and honestly the Kenwood gets pretty damn good sound quality. It uses a sealed design with one speaker and one passive resonator. Gets very crisp since the resonator helps damp the inertia of the active speaker. And it costs just over a quarter of the Stealthbox.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
162 Posts
The price of the stealth box kills it for me, and honestly the Kenwood gets pretty damn good sound quality. It uses a sealed design with one speaker and one passive resonator. Gets very crisp since the resonator helps damp the inertia of the active speaker. And it costs just over a quarter of the Stealthbox.
But the Stealthbox looks waaaaaaaaayyy nicer in there.

and you're not going to beat the bass output from the 10W3v3, with any other sub or enclosure in the same location.
StealthBox-EOC.jpg

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
But the Stealthbox looks waaaaaaaaayyy nicer in there.

and you're not going to beat the bass output from the 10W3v3, with any other sub or enclosure in the same location.
Actually IMHO it clashes really bad with the rest of the car since it's carpeted.

My E doesn't have carpet and I keep it that way. Hate cleaning car carpet, especially with dogs & instruments & chainsaws & general dirtiness.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im ok with a 6" sub - has anyone replaced their 6" factory sub with an after market 6" sub in a SC console or factory SC subbox

·
Registered
268 Posts
Many, many people have replaced their OEM 6" sub with an aftermarket one. That plus a good amp really makes a difference. JL and Kicker make nice 6" subs to use for a drop-in replacement.

After blowing my 7" Elemental Designs sub, this weekend I put in an 8" JBL sub in the factory enclosure (see thread in this section).

·
Registered
71 Posts
AH that sucks ..

I am interested in keeping my stock sub enclosure I do not want to have anything looking out of place - all stock look. I will go with a 6" and a 5 ch amp.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really Center Console subs

Come on guys now your putting subs in the center console are u even thinking. i think what you guys shud do is take the back seats out put a hole in them and then put 2 15"s in the seats then cover then in cloth and SCARE THE LIVING **** outta people when they sit down. but really i like it i like the iphone set up i have the same thing in my car only i use velcro and just stick it on there everytime i get in the car. but i havent seen anyhting on that quite beats the 2 18's and the 2 2000watt amp i got haha
upgrade next to put 2 ten next the windsheild
haha
thatll be funn

overall though im mildly impress and im 17 by the way :) good job with the kicker i like that but i dont like the huge box there i use that space for my stuff that needs to go there just put a big sub box there next time :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Come on guys now your putting subs in the center console are u even thinking. i think what you guys shud do is take the back seats out put a hole in them and then put 2 15"s in the seats then cover then in cloth and SCARE THE LIVING **** outta people when they sit down. but really i like it i like the iphone set up i have the same thing in my car only i use velcro and just stick it on there everytime i get in the car. but i havent seen anyhting on that quite beats the 2 18's and the 2 2000watt amp i got haha
upgrade next to put 2 ten next the windsheild
haha
thatll be funn

overall though im mildly impress and im 17 by the way :) good job with the kicker i like that but i dont like the huge box there i use that space for my stuff that needs to go there just put a big sub box there next time :)
how's the saying go? oh yeah, pics or it isnt real...:roll:

·
Registered
71 Posts
not interested in thumping my brain so that a gooey mess secretes from my ears
. I would however like some Clear sound with a bit of punch like a 6 or 8" sub would give on a 125w or so amp

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I also have a 12" old school Rockford Fosgate XLC in an enclosure in the back that has quick removal plugs. It's an awesome balance of sound. You get the nice <100hz from the 12" and >100hz from the 8". You still feel the hit of the toms from the 8" and the thump of the bass from the 12" while the components in the doors are only mids and highs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts