Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as the title implies- i'm swapping the HU on a 2005 LX. i looked thru 18 pages of posts last night, so i've tried to answer my questions thru the forums history... but none of them touched on these exact questions.

so here goes:

first- on the attached pic... i've divined that the far left black plug (#1) is the sub woofer, the next white plug (#2) is for XM, next long black plug (#3) is the main hookup, the little green one is the aux. and the round hole on the far right (#5) is the antenna

am i correct?

second- if the above is correct, does anyone have the honda part number for the aux jack wire/connector? again, IF i'm correct in my assumptions- it should go into the green jack (#4) in the picture and terminate into a stereo headphone jack.

many thanks in advance for ANY help.

(the reason for all the assumptions is- the unit i'm taking out is a non-aux capable, single disc unit. and only has the antenna (#5) and main (#3) wires available. i'm hoping i can get a later model stereo, and simply not use the sub or XM and purchase the aux wire/jack. any guidance will be greatly appreciated. thanks)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
all your connector assumptions are correct. are you putting this radio in an 05ex or is it from an 05 ex? if it isnt going in an 05ex what is the car you are installing it into? if it is an 05ex then all those plugs should already be there with exception of the xm plug.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
all your connector assumptions are correct. are you putting this radio in an 05ex or is it from an 05 ex? if it isnt going in an 05ex what is the car you are installing it into? if it is an 05ex then all those plugs should already be there with exception of the xm plug.
thanks for the confirmation.

the vehicle is an '05 LX... which came with a single disc player with no aux input.

the intended "new" HU is out of an '06 (local wrecker has it CHEAP).

there are no other wires that i can see. (unless they are taped up with the harness waaaay back in the dash)

just the main plug and the antenna.

thus, i'm trying to get something (even if its hand made) to go from the aux green jack in back, to a port i can plug into.

again, thanks for the confirmation about my assumptions.

now, just need help with the aux connections.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
so use the connector pinouts form the other post i linked earlier and solder directly to the headunit for the aux in. that or you will have to get one from a junk yard.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
If your vehicle is an LX then a radio from an EX or SC will not work because they have an external ampifier under the passenger-side kickpanel. In other words, you will have to get the new radio, amp, and antenna.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts