Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the seats were made to be wet and stain resistant. I left my window open a bit today and it rained buckets for a bit. I know the seats would have gotten wet, I was not worried because of the way the E is made to take such abuse but, I had no idea they would spot and look like crap. It looks like there is oil spots or something. Something got spilt on the passenger seat as well, probably soda and it is spotted as well. What do I have to do to keep them looking good? I have the SLM w/ the darker interior and the spotty seats really bother me. So much for not having to worry about this getting wet, etc.

On a positibe note, my daughter was in town last week with the grandkids so she took my E around w/ the two car seats in the back and it worked out so wonderful for her. She had so much room to strap the kids in and was able to crawl in so easy, just like their mini-van. So convenient. My 3-yr. old grandson said Grammas new car was "really cool!" :D

My daughter was shocked when I told her I had no problem w/ food in my new vehicle, etc. because I know it is indestructable... except the look of the front seats now since they got wet. :cry:

Help anyone?? Those with pets, what are your interior seats looking like when you get pet drool all over them? That would be the ultimate, what do you do to protect your seats after that? Am I missing something???

·
Registered
504 Posts
We've had rain here 25 of the last 27 days. The rain has hit the seats and dried clear.

Are the stains there after the water has dried up? Maybe they're not completely dry?

Maybe there was a bit of roaddust on your roof that mixed with the water?

Here's sending you good luck with your stains! Let us know how you get them out.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I would try a foaming carpet cleaner. Just spot test it first.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very strange. I just spent a week at the beach and sat in the seats daily with a wet swimming suit. No spots, stains, or anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 3 year old hikes himself up to his seat along with whatever is on the bottom of his sneakers. He spills stuff as most 3 year olds do. I looked for the Shout wipes that someone here suggested, but I couldn't find them. I did find Oxy Clean wipes and went wiping without testing. No more stains. They products probably are equally effective.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great suggestions! I will probably go out to Walmart to pick up some wipes. I am hoping that the rain was just dirty rain drops. If not and the spots are still there after I try wiping the seats clean, I will take it to the shop to see if they have any idea. Yes, it is very strange.

I will let you know how it works :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my seats in the E....but in my old car I spilled my starbucks all over the front passenger seat on my way to work....I had mopped it up as best I could....but it left a HUGE stain onmy light gray interior....I found this product called "Spot Shot" it comes in a navy blue can with an orage cap....I bought it at Linens'nThings....but I am sure they carry it at other places too! Check near carpet cleaners and carpet stain sprays.

It is a little bit more expensive....but works incredibly well! There was nothing left of my coffee stain at all....and now I always keep a can around the house because you never know what is going to happen! It works so well that I told my sister in law about it....she as a 6 month old and a 3 year old....she had lots of stains in her Odyssey Mini Van, but not anymore!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got the same nasty spots from simple rainwater. I put up with it for a few weeks before I finally got around to (as someone mentioned) trying Spot Shot on it which we use around the house on the carpets. It helped. I also wet the whole seat down with Forumula 409 and wiped on it... and when that dried, the seat looked perfect. I think there is something about just getting part of the seat wet and letting it dry that makes "rings" form around the wet part.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi there!
proud new owner of an exs with a small problem. i purchased some godiva for my wife for mothers day and could not leave the store without a truffle for myself. of course a small spot of chocolate fell on the front seat. i cleaned the seat with a wet towel as soon as i got home and the chocolate is gone but there is a discoloration over the enitre area i scubbed. it is clean just dried different. i only used water. do you think i took off some of the water proofing? does honda sell that? any ideas short of scrubbing the entire seat bottom to even the color?
thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
For a fabric that is supposed to be easy clean, sure stains easy!
I also had some discoloration when window tinter oversprayed water on my seats and door panels.
Vinylex cleaned off discoloration on the door panels, but haven't tried it on the seats yet.
I will try it later and let you know.

·
Registered
113 Posts
By discolor do you mean it got lighter? Darker?

My dog the WonderLab drooled all over the back seat and I was able to simply clean it off with a damp towel. I used warm water and didn't rub it to hard.

From what I have read these seats are supposed to be stain and water resistant, so this is indeed odd.

Are you sure the chocolate didn't leave behind some oily residue, maybe you need to use some soap.

I hope we solve this problem before we all mess up the seats.

Keep us posted.

JJ

·
Registered
434 Posts
[quote:0423e5068f=" "]That link is for pictures.Post again[/quote:0423e5068f]

click the link then click on the picture - it will open up an then you can print out the instructions i scanned in as a .jpg image

i have never been able to figure out how to upload an image to this site.

anyone with questions re: the FXC fabric - here's the contact information --

Stacy Walker
Director, Marketing Communications
Milliken Automotive
920 Milliken Road, M620
Spartanburg, SC 29304
[email protected]
p: 864.503.6297
f: 864.503.6303

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hard to see, but looks like 1 part laundry detergent and 9 parts water.
THat's a crapload of detergent!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts