Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for solid front control arm bushings, at least for the front position, but both would be awesome. Mine are getting worn from driving up Mt. Hood's snowy and beaten highway 34 times this year :)

I remember reading about heim jointed front bushings that a member here installed on a mission to reduce torque steer. I think they were from an EP3 Si? I searched but couldn't find that thread. Whatever that car is, I could hopefully get some ES bushings for one of those and install. sweet!

$.02?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too sure about the solid spherical bushings. yes, they are solid, but this is a road car, and I do lots of rough road/light offroad stuff for kayaking and whatnot. thanks for the info though. I think it's safe to say the ep3 has the same diameter front bushings :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
i hear ya.hondaghandi did this but to m,e theres to much work and maintenence if you live in an area with winters and salt.

·
Registered
541 Posts
good find.get your torch ready and burn the old ones out because youll need the sleeve from the old bushing.blue torch worked fine.when i did my integra trailing arm bushings i think i created smoke signals:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the bushings in. I burnt em out with an oxy/acetylene torch. getting the new ones was a PITA but the car drives better than new. torque steer is gone :) BTW, I ended up getting the ES bushings that cost me around $65 for all four. The ride quality suffered a very small bit, but I'm running BFG all terrains anyways.

Now if KYB would just get those front struts on the shelf....

Thanks for your help EOC :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

you can add a "R" to end the for red bushings. I did cause I'm a racer like that. :) apparently the black ones have graphite impregnated in them to help with any squeaking issues.... I have none so far with the red ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts