Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm kinda worried here because I looked at this mount on my car and it looks like it's missing a nut. I can't see it all that well because I'm at work in a shirt and tie and can't get under the car, but I can tell that the part has three holes for bolts or screws to go through and secure it to the frame. What I can't tell and honda won't answer is whether there should be a nut on the top of the bolt or is the whole thing just threaded. I look down at it and I swear I'm looking at a bolt that come up from under the frame through the part and is just sitting there with no nut. I can see a circle around the hole where the bolt comes through that is dark and not as dusty...like a nut once covered it! I wish I could take a picture for you guys to see, but if I'm just missing a nut on there that would explain the creaking noise!!!! The mech told me that the mount didn't look worn, but he didn't say it was missing a nut!!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
no nuts.

I just looked at my E and it has nuts on all the studs.you didnot say witch mount but I looked at all of mine. so thats probly where the problem lies.somebody probly did some work & forgot to put it back on. you can go to most any honda site and look at the break down & order a nut.or go to a good hardware store that has metrick nuts .looks like 12x1.25 to me but my eyes seem to lie a lot these days.and use a grade 8 hard washer under it. probably best to get a honda nut

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Sorry, this is the mount. It's the one that is on the back of the engine towards the bottom center closest to the firewall.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm asking if there are supposed to be nuts on the ends of the bolts that hold that mount. In the diagram I can see the mount on the right hand side, and I don't see nuts like the other mounts have. Is that correct?

I would crawl under the car and check guys, but I just had rotator cuff surgery. Putting on a shirt is a battle....getting under the car is impossible :-(

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is the mount threaded??? if it is then it probably dosent need one. wait- I just checked mine ,no nuts on it.
Thanks! That's a relief. For a moment there I thought I was driving around with the mount about to fall off. My car has been making that creaking sound others including myself have posted about and my mechanic said he thought that mount might be the problem....so of course I run out and look at it and for a second thought the problem was just a missing nut! Oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts