Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.
The dealer had a CrossTour in their showroom when I was there and I looked it over and wasn't impressed except for the high windowsticker numbers.
As my sister has an Accord that she loves, I was interested in whether Honda offered a station wagon version of the Accord. They do in the UK where I think they have a plant to build them for sale there and on the continent of Europe.

Attached is a PDF of the spec sheet and some pics of the current and previous models.
Here's a link to the UK website/webpage for the Accord Tourer models.
http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/accordtourer/

Very interesting and informative.

Although virtually identical to some last-gen US Acuras in exterior styling,
check out the power/drivetrain options.

I say, offer these in the US with the RT4WD system offered on US Acuras or the CrossTour. I think they are MUCH better looking than the CrossTour-ish styling and probably have almost as much cargo/luggage space. I'll try to check those numbers for a comparison.

Cheers,
John

Attachments

·
12,179 Posts
Well.
I say, offer these in the US with the RT4WD system offered on US Acuras or the CrossTour. I think they are MUCH better looking than the CrossTour-ish styling and probably have almost as much cargo/luggage space. I'll try to check those numbers for a comparison.

Cheers,
John

It will be coming to North America this fall as the TSX (Touring?Wagon?).I don't think 4wd will be an option.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Accord Tourer stuff

I tried uploading the PDF on the Accord Tourer ES but the file was too large.
278 KB or so.:|
Just follow the URL link in the previous post and check out the info first hand.

Cheers,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
US Accord Crosstour vs. UK Accord Tourer

OK.
These figures are a bit tricky even as published by the manufacturers, but U.S. Honda's Crosstour spec. sheet indicates 51.3 cu. ft. of cargo/luggage space.
U.K. Honda's spec. sheet indicates 1707 litres of cargo/luggage space.
Using the simple conversion app. on my Powerbook, this converts to 60.28 cu. ft. of cargo/luggage space.
So... the UK Accord Tourer has about 9 cu. ft. MORE space than the ballyhooed US Accord Crosstour. The Crosstour's styling must be blamed for the loss in capacity. It ain't that nice looking or that much of an "improvement" over the older "more conservative" styling, in my view.

Cheers,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
If they put an 'A' badge on the US version then we can forget it being affordable. In the EU they have the Accord wagon in LX trim so it can be had for a reasonable price. Why can't they do the same for the US? I guess they don't want to cannibalize the CrossTour's market share.

I'm a little insulted actually. They won't bring any diesel powertrains to the US. No wagons in any trim with a Honda badge. No innovation in the Element platform SINCE INCEPTION (no, I don't consider the SC an innovation). C'mon Honda, car buyers in the US butter your bread, how about showing us some love.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts