Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want the usb input for a thumb drive for music, anyone considered this or already intalled something, and can it be done? I know they make an ipod interface with the cord plugging into the ipod, there should be something like that instead with a usb input on the other side?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Dude I'm with ya. I would even settle for a SD slot since 4Gig cards are getting cheaper by the minute.

·
Registered
467 Posts
USB MP3 Player for Car

About 4 years ago, I purchased a FM transmitter/MP3 player from Target for about $30.00. I purchased this particular this device because of the following features.

1. Plugs into auto power supply (cigarette lighter)
2. Has an USB input for USB flash drives
3. Built-in MP3 player (limited capability such as can only play selections in sequence or skip one at a time
4. Included aux-out (3.5mm plug)
5. Can transmit to an open FM station
6. Includes aux-in (3.5mm) for input such as CD players

I used the FM transmitter in my old Ford Windstar van with a CD player and USB flash drive as the Windstar did not have an aux-in.

I have not had a need to use it in my E, but it is in the glove box just in case.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
They work well! One of the people at the Yacht club uses one on his boat.

I think it's THIS ONE .

This is the Cnet Review.

Dom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever find an answer for this? I have a 2009 EX. The head unit has the controls to navigate a USB disk or thumb drive, but it doesn't have the wiring harness.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Did you ever find an answer for this? I have a 2009 EX. The head unit has the controls to navigate a USB disk or thumb drive, but it doesn't have the wiring harness.
The wiring/connection should be in your glove box.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I purchased one for my 04 from Crutchfield's. They send the correct wiring and new faceplate so everything looks great. Takes about 30 minutes to change one out including wiring the new plug.

And for under $150, you can't beat them....Love plugging in my flashdrive.

As an example, here is one for an 09 EX.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113MP345U/Kenwood-KDC-MP345U.html?tp=5684

1 - 12 of 12 Posts