Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't happy with a dangling wire as the usb access to the new head unit, so I found a mount for a usb flash drive or iPod adapter. Plan to install this at the same time as the OEM combo Aux/Cig jack and in the same area.

Link

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Cool! I've been thinking about doing something similar,but I would install mine to the inside area of my glove box,since that's where I keep my portable hard drive.:cool:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice

Good find A4X4.
I have been looking for some thing like that to replace the aux input.
My head unit has a aux jack on the front and a USB in the back so this solves that and a neat fit too.
Now to find a angled USB connector for the rear. (Kind of shallow back there.)

Happy Moding all

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even Cleaner. Now thinking this will go in to the right of the 1 din storage compartment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the entire assembly of option #2 flush mounts behind the panel...the only part that will show will be the jack and the screws...guess we'll see. This one also has the virtue of plugging directly into the fem headunit cable, so one less wire and 2 less connections. after pulling the bezel to have a look, though, thinking about a different location.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i just think that the second one is more "unfinished" looking than the first one. ultimatly its your call, your money, and your truck. but it were "voting one off the island" it would be the second one :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts