Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANYONE SEEN ONE OF THESE?
I found it during my search for a E. I thought they were only rear sunroofs. Is this not OEM, FACTORY?
Thanks for your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
HAS ANYONE SEEN ONE OF THESE?
I found it during my search for a E. I thought they were only rear sunroofs. Is this not OEM, FACTORY?
Thanks for your thoughts.
Not OEM. No E came with front sunroof. The only way to have one is to have one put in.

Where did you find that pic?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
There are a couple of members with front sunroofs, I always thought it should have been factory

I'd say, go get it as soon as you can, don't wait

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks good and the price does not sound bad either IMO! Good luck!!! Ditto on the sunroof not being OEM and that's where it should have been from the start!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There are a couple of members with front sunroofs, I always thought it should have been factory

I'd say, go get it as soon as you can, don't wait
I have always liked sunroof's, but I am concerned about the installation. Not knowing who did it, and if it is going to stand the test of time. Here in Calif it doesn't rain most of the time but the sun kills rubber seals and silicone bandaids. Anyone that has a after-market sunroof have any problems?

2009 ELE,
I think I can get them down a bit from thier price. If I don't get a NEW E this month I will get a used, maybe this one, HAVE TO GO INSPECT IT FIRST, WITH A GARDEN HOSE, but for $20,000 or less OTD.
I almost forgot, 2009 ele, I just got some Yokohama trz's for my Sentra from discounttiredirect and save a ton of MONEY!! WITH THE $40 REBATE i JUST PUT IN THE BANK YESTERDAY THE 4- 80,000 MILES TIRES COST ME $216, AND $80 TO HAVE THEM PUT ON FROM AMERICA'S TIRE (THEY ARE DISCOUNT TIRE HERE IN CA) TOTAL OUT OFPOCKET WAS $296 FOR 80,000 MILES OF FREE BALANCING AND ROTATIONS. SWEET!!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The sunroof looks good on that Element,but that ill fitting wind deflector looks out of place in the E's roof.:)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I hope you're kidding about the garden hose.
I don't see where checking the sun roof for a leak with an garden hose would be a problem.:? If it were to leak,don't buy it,or just go back and let them know about the leak,so they might be able to fix it.:)

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Sorry, missed your point. My mind jumped right to the "hose it out" myth. Yes, pouring water over the closed sunroof to check the seal is a good idea. Whenever I bought a used car, I used to drive it through a car wash. If it leaked, I'd either pass on the car or try to talk down the price. If I didn't buy, the seller got a clean car out of the deal.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope you're kidding about the garden hose.
:lol:

Garden hose on the outside.
I do like the car wash idea, and they usually have them at the dealers around here.
If not I know they have a hose.:evil:

·
Registered
446 Posts
A leak test would be good. The picture looks like they did a pretty good job on the install. Is the reason for a rear-only sunroof for structural integrity? The suicide doors leave a pretty big hole. That being said, a front sunroof would be cool. $21,xxx for a 2WD - maybe a tad high? Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$21,xxx for a 2WD - maybe a tad high? Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking a bit high as well, I was thinking maybe $18,000 out the door, I write the check and drive off owing NOTHING!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts