Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New to this group and would love to get some opinions from all the veteran Element owners in this forum.

I have an opportunity to buy a 2007 Element SC with 69,000 miles (110,000 km) for $12,750 cdn.

Is 69,000 miles considered high for an Element if it has been kept up? Absolutely love this car, just dont want to make a mistake.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Parappa

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Thats rather low mileage for an E. Ive no clue to the market in your area but thats about the same as they go fore here in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's about 10,000 miles a year, somewhat less than the average. It is certainly not high mileage for an E. If you are worried about making a mistake, ask the seller if you can have it independently inspected before you buy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, test drove the element and it had a strange squeaking sound with the clutch. Also the previous owner had a gate door fall on the hood which caused a $2000 repair. The lumbar support knob was also broken off.

Rest of the car seemed like it was in good shape

·
Registered
26 Posts
I sold my 2008 SC 5MT in 2010 with 44,000 miles on it, so I'd say yours is definitely on the lower end for the year.

Only real issues I had were the CD player quit working for about 3 months once and the wheels were showing corrosion after only 2 Michigan winters. :(. Still really liked my E SC, just liked the Pilot 4WD I replaced it with more! If it fits your family and recreational needs... should be a good buy! I only got $16.8K trade in on my SC since I traded it in November and NO one in Michigan wants a 2WD SC for at least 6 months at that point. :(

Best if luck with purchase!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts