Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 2007 honda element sc AT with 29000 miles (now 35319 miles) a few months ago from a private-owned dealer. i was wondering if it was still under factory waranty.

the maintenence light came on with a oil life 15%. i did the oil change myself with 5w 20 mobil 1 and fram extended guard and resetted the maintenence minder myself (use to working on my own cars). while looking how to reset it, i've read that it's more than just an oil change; it's servicing the whole car. it made me come to think if i still have the warranty and if i should go to honda to have them do the work (we all know that they are expensive).

:x btw, my car didn't come with floor mats, remote, and owner's manual. it's missing the other half of the rear windshield wiper. i bought a new one from auto parts but i can't seem to attach it together. maybe it's missing a clip or something :?. they also gave me one key only. there's also like a hole by the shifter (looks like a key hole to shift while the engine is off :? ) but it's just a plain hole.

anyone have any info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Welcome to the asylum dawg. The factory warranty follows the vehicle, not the owner, so yes, yours is still under warranty. You don't have to have the E serviced at Honda to maintain the warranty. Just keep receipts for oil and filter, and any independent garage service - for proof.
The none SC E's don't come with floor mats - not sure about the SCs, but you should have gotten the remotes and 3 keys - two normal keys and one valet key. I'd make some noise with whoever you bought from - an Owner in Arizona had her's stolen when some dealer employees kept the 2nd key, then came by at night and drove off in her new E. You can replace the remotes from H & A, one of this site's sponsors. The keys would have to be dealer ordered (and are pricy). The hole by the shifter is to unlock and remove the shifter surround for getting to the wiring. There should be a snap-in cover for the "key hole". You could likely order it for not much from your local Honda Dealer Parts Dept, though I have a "spare" your welcome to. When some low-life tried to cut off and steal my CAT converter, he damaged the sensor wiring too, and the dealer had to do some (insurance covered) repairs, including rewiring the CAT sensors. They removed the shifter housing during the repair, and thought they lost the key hole cover, ordering me a new one. Found the old one a few weeks later on the floor. Just PM me where to mail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i'm not sure if i understood how the key hole works. i've tried sticking my key in it and nothing happened. here's some pics of the key hole and wiper.

am i missing like a clip or something?

and about the warranty, i don't get free services do i? for some reason, my cousin's 2009 camry gets lifetime free oil change.

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
The keyhole in the shifter is the shift lock release: "This allows you to move the shift lever out of Park if the normal method of pushing on the brake pedal and pressing the release button does not work." (2007 owner's manual, page 158)

You can purchase a paper copy of the 2007 owner's manual here, or download a PDF here.

Arm & blade, RR. windshield wiper, 76740-SCV-A01

The Element comes with two regular keys and a valet key. WTF did the previous owner do with the others? Did you get the door-lock remote? Also if you don't have it already, GET THE RADIO CODE right away. As soon as you disconnect the battery, the radio will be useless if you can't input the security code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The keyhole in the shifter is the shift lock release: "This allows you to move the shift lever out of Park if the normal method of pushing on the brake pedal and pressing the release button does not work." (2007 owner's manual, page 158)

You can purchase a paper copy of the 2007 owner's manual here, or download a PDF here.

Arm & blade, RR. windshield wiper, 76740-SCV-A01

The Element comes with two regular keys and a valet key. WTF did the previous owner do with the others? Did you get the door-lock remote? Also if you don't have it already, GET THE RADIO CODE right away. As soon as you disconnect the battery, the radio will be useless if you can't input the security code.
I tried to open the pdf version and a window popped up and i clicked start but it only has the table of contents and not the whole manual.

they only gave me one key.

i thought someone here can give me the radio code it i give them the vin #.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The keyhole in the shifter is the shift lock release: "This allows you to move the shift lever out of Park if the normal method of pushing on the brake pedal and pressing the release button does not work." (2007 owner's manual, page 158).
LOL, thanks Dan - so that's what it is. Service Guy apparently made sh1t up when he told me it unlocked the gearshift area surround to remove it.... :twisted: why can't they just say "I don't know", or I'll find out" or "RTFM".

dawg - I mailed you the spare cap for it this morning.

No free service from Honda. Some Dealers will add that as a sales incentive themselves, to encourage you to come back to them for other service and repairs they can charge for, and when you purchase another vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts