Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Honda Element SC, and I love it, but I would love an adjustable leather drivers seat. I see nice used ones all over Ebay. Does anybody know how hard it would be to get one to fit, how much work to be done, any certain Make/Model/Year vehicle that works or is close? And if I could get it to fit, how would you power the motor if it was powered? I've been through some threads but can't find much on this. Thanks - Jim :-D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Prolly cause no one is crazy enough to try it. But prove me wrong.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I have an 07 Honda Element SC, and I love it, but I would love an adjustable leather drivers seat. I see nice used ones all over Ebay. Does anybody know how hard it would be to get one to fit, how much work to be done, any certain Make/Model/Year vehicle that works or is close? And if I could get it to fit, how would you power the motor if it was powered? I've been through some threads but can't find much on this. Thanks - Jim :-D
An enticing Idea. However, there are some other considerations that must be factored in.

Lets start with the most daunting of those. The side airbags. There are a bunch of safety regulations that are mandated by the federal government. You will have to weigh the legality issues yourself. In this state, Massachusetts, you can't get a sticker if the seats have been modified from the factory configuration. Although a replacement seat may have airbags, that does not necessarily indicate that they were specifically designed for your car. Also swapping your airbag into another seat may not produce the desired ( engineered ) effect.

Then you have to deal with attachment points.

None of these are insurmountable considerations, with enough available money. For the average person, it is a lofty goal.

It's not like the old days, find one you like and slap it in.

My 1951 ford had 1966 Plymouth fury pivoting buckets, from the junk yard in it. My 1961 Cooper-S had ( came with from the factory ) canvas on a tube frame for seats. ( The one in the photo a 1967 has had the seats covered, but you can see what they look like.) That would not fly in today's world.

Good luck

Dom

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have swapped seats into at least 6 or 7 different cars in my lifetime, barring the good point about the side airbags nothing is THAT hard assuming you find seats with similar mounting points. Access to someone that can weld a bit might be a big help especially since you will probably be needing to add a bit of height to some swapped seats into an E.

I had to take the seat out of my wife's SC400 the other day to fix something and found myself thinking ...."hmmm, relatively flat mounting points, wonderful seats....wonder if this would go in the E?" :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts