Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time a Utah thread got started and since I'm online and browsing the threads, I figured, why not me? Anyway, I drove home a sweet Sunset Orange Element EX 4x4 from Ken Garff just 3 weeks ago and I've been loving it ever since. Are there any other Utah owners in the club yet? If so speak up! :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
We bought a Blue EX on May 24 at Willey Honda, went to Garff first and got the run around (wouldn't listen to what we were saying about down payment, wouldn't tell us what interest rate they would give us, made us wait extraordinary amount of time to answer routine questions, walked out). Then 3 days after picking the vehicle up, the 18 year old son on his first solo drive smashed up both sides rear quarter panels. I'm getting used to being pointed at on the road......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch! Sorry about the bang-ups! I am also sorry to hear about your experience with Ken Garff. I guess I must have been lucky to get the right salesman...Josh was amazing. I went to Ken Garff simply because they were the closest to where I live, no other reason. My experience was painless and I was out the door from initial test-drive/trade-in evaluation, to driving my new Element home in under two hours, and all the numbers were inline...which when considering all that was involved, was not much time at all.

So, I'm guessing the 18 year-old isn't allowed driving privileges on the new Element anymore? Both rear quarter panels on a brand new vehicle...OUCH!!! I'm having issues with just keeping the bugs off! :shock:

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Element is finally in the Body Shop (Collision Zone in North Salt Lake), they do all the body work for Willey Honda. Initial estimate, $3100, will see what it comes out to after all the hidden damage is located. We have a Mazda Protoge loaner for the duration, what a DOG of a car, maybe due to being a rental, I don't know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Three weeks later and $5100 we finally have the car back. There was a bent trailing arm on the suspension which took an extra couple days to get and replace. Needless to say the Son is no longer driving our car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey all--

new to the site and LOVE it!! i have on order a sop 4wd ex e!! should be here any day!?!? the dealer told me it was ordered and that they were doing their best to find one for me.

upon further reading of this website, one lady wiated 2 1/2 months for hers! let's hope mine doesn't take long.

i was the previous owner of a black jag--which i GLADLY traded in for my new e. not a bad mistake i'd say. the e's are AWESOME! i love everything about them! when i get it in, i'll keep you posted.

car clubs can be fun. i was in one for the jaguar and we did a TON together as a group. let's get together sometime and go on drives, have bbq's, hold rallies, etc.

good to meet my fellow utah e-lovers!
poodledoodle

·
Registered
9 Posts
what's up all? I have had my orange element for about 6 months. I'm probably the only 17 year old with this kick ass vehicle. I have neons on my interior and am still in the process of making it even better! 8) Finally a club for us Element owners. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
We need to have all utah owners of an element get together. Seems like in every other state except ours they have that. I've loving my element tons, and are always thinking of new things to add to it.
Thinking about getting xm radio installed next. Anyone have that in there elment?

drive of a 2003 sunset orange 4wd ex model, fog lights, and extra storrage arm rest

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dot9100, I couldn't agree more. C'mon Utah locals, let's talk about this and get it organized. Possibly in the spring-early summer. Sugarhouse Park, Liberty Park...or even a destination get-together...like maybe somewhere in Park City, or Sundance or Snowbird...whatever. Any thoughts? Anybody? Beuhler?

:shock:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
Just picked up my new 2004 E-EX. I'd be intersted in joining other Northern Utah E owners for various events. I live in the Ogden metro area.
Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts