Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a decent mounting system for your V1?

I'd like to mount mine cleanly, out of the way, and as high as possible. In CA, it's illegal to mount anything to your windshield, and so the RVM seems like the best option.

I've looked at a few V1 RVM mounts online, but due to the tapering shape of the RVM bracket in the Element, I'm not sure any will work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I bought some velcro from home depot and put in right on the center hump.
It works very well. after a while I bought a usaspec ipod hookup and when I installed that I hardwired my v1 at the same time.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i know that CA recently changed the rules and it's now OK to mount GPS on the windshield. w/ some obvious constraints w/r/t driver visibility of the road.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not sure how the Valentine One mounts, but I installed my Cobra using the suction cup mount it came with, and JB Welded a metal extension onto it (painted it black), and then used the front long screw that holds the rearview mirror on thru a hole in the extension.

I can't see the display, which kinda sucks, but I can hear it and it's outta sight.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i used the visor mount and ran the wire through the inside of the side air bag all the way down to the bottom of the steering column and installed the direct connect... wayy easy and way clean...

check out the cheetah rearview mirror... thats my next item on my wish list...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts