Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 EX AWD auto
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So having camped and slept in the Element for a couple nights now, I can say the worst aspect was how hot and stuffy the vehicle got, even with the front windows partially rolled down, side windows and moonroof vented open.

I am thinking of making some mosquito netting for all the windows including the fronts but when stealth camping I would not want to leave the front window rolled all the way down.

Does anybody have suggestions or what have you done to get more air ventilation/circulation in the car?

·
Registered
2003 EX AWD auto
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m wondering the same thing. Oklahoma and Texas are brutal during the summer
I have an idea but I haven't really had time to really dig into it.

If you have the sunroof panel, you can actually swing it out more or completely remove it. I was thinking about mounting some maybe 10" exhaust fans there. Was thinking about mounting it to the sunroof for storage and have the fans on a hinge mechanism. Open the sunroof, swing the fans out and prop the sunroof onto the fans.

That's the idea anyways, but like I said, need to look at it more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an idea but I haven't really had time to really dig into it.

If you have the sunroof panel, you can actually swing it out more or completely remove it. I was thinking about mounting some maybe 10" exhaust fans there. Was thinking about mounting it to the sunroof for storage and have the fans on a hinge mechanism. Open the sunroof, swing the fans out and prop the sunroof onto the fans.

That's the idea anyways, but like I said, need to look at it more.
So having camped and slept in the Element for a couple nights now, I can say the worst aspect was how hot and stuffy the vehicle got, even with the front windows partially rolled down, side windows and moonroof vented open.

I am thinking of making some mosquito netting for all the windows including the fronts but when stealth camping I would not want to leave the front window rolled all the way down.

Does anybody have suggestions or what have you done to get more air ventilation/circulation in the car?
I put the mosquito net covers over front windows, the kind you get on Amazon, have to get a BIG size. I have put a tropical mosquito netting for over a bed over the whole top and entire vehicle. Favorite is mosquito netting, huge standard camping netting sold for not much, over the whole open back end. Works great. I am in Alaska. Also there are portable battery operated (personal) fans.

·
Registered
2009 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl
15 Posts
I put the mosquito net covers over front windows, the kind you get on Amazon, have to get a BIG size. I have put a tropical mosquito netting for over a bed over the whole top and entire vehicle. Favorite is mosquito netting, huge standard camping netting sold for not much, over the whole open back end. Works great. I am in Alaska. Also there are portable battery operated (personal) fans.
Can you send pics of the netting installed and also a link to them on Amazon?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts