Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in 2 E's I cannot make up my mind on an accessory! I can land the OEM 09-10 side steps from a Honda dealer on eBay for $320 shipped. Or I can get these (in black) for around $160 shipped:
http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bars/73A4540A0A0A3257369.aspx

It's half the price, however I KNOW the quality of the Honda steps.

Thanks for letting me vent :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the Honda flavor on mine. The difference I can see is the design - the Honda pieces are like outriggers - they don't curve inward at the ends, but are straight and look a little clunky. They also ring a bit when debris is kicked up by the wheels, but I imagine that would be true with any side steps.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Tortuga Rojo;857161 They also ring a bit when debris is kicked up by the wheels said:
I sprayed mine with bedliner. They now they don't RING at all !!

Dom

·
Registered
288 Posts
Steelcraft Side Steps

For the first time in 2 E's I cannot make up my mind on an accessory! I can land the OEM 09-10 side steps from a Honda dealer on eBay for $320 shipped. Or I can get these (in black) for around $160 shipped:
http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bars/73A4540A0A0A3257369.aspx

It's half the price, however I KNOW the quality of the Honda steps.

Thanks for letting me vent :)
I bought some of the straight Steelcraft side steps from AutoAnything-I really like them and the quality is great! They go great with the Steelcraft grille and brush guard and tail light guards.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Well, if you are "venting your indecision", even with the big price diff. it's obvious your subconscious, is telling you the OEMs are the way to go. Really like the look of the new 09-10 OEM side steps. Think they look better than any aftermarket ones - and seem to "fit" better, closer to the rocker panels.

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea you pretty much nailed it. Its the price difference that is making me gun shy.

Well, if you are "venting your indecision", even with the big price diff. it's obvious your subconscious, is telling you the OEMs are the way to go. Really like the look of the new 09-10 OEM side steps. Think they look better than any aftermarket ones - and seem to "fit" better, closer to the rocker panels.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I had the oems on my 05, they were well worth the $$
I am 6'4" and they werent needed but i would never be cheap with something for my family or friends to get in my ride :)

Just got an 08 lx yesterday n if the gf wants steps i will cop another oem set :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts