Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my keyless entry and it wasn't working.

Suddenly I noticed that the the door open light was light...everything seemed perfectly well closed.

I opened my back driver's door and noticed a fold of my fabric laundry bag was wedged into the door well. That was it...I removed it...closed 'er up...everything worked fine.

Honda must be very concerned about proper door closing procedure if such a little thing set off the sensor...of course, proper door closing (and resulting B column) represents much of your protection.

Anyonw else notice this sensitivity?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
So I don't carry laundry bags. But, yeah. If I don't get the rear door closed all the way just right, the light is lit. It's happened a couple of times. I like that honda tells you there's a door opened, or a hatch opened. My wife's previous Ford van just said something's opened, and I had to dispatch a child to run around opening and closing everything until the offender was found.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, mine was like that when new. I had to very firmly close clamshell doors and the rear decklid otherwise the warning light and the corresponding dome light would stay on. Went away after a couple of weeks. I guess the rubber door and trunklid seals finally settle in and compres a bit.

thirstE

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is the right side rear door. Seems closed tightly, but the light stays on. Reclose it and light goes out. Hope it goes away shortly also.

·
Registered
96 Posts
my door works like a charm for me. No lights yet.... Black EX 4wd 700 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts