Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

I have finally caught up on some of my sleep and want to take the opportunity to thank you all for making this such an awesome Event!

It does take quite a bit of time and effort to plan something like this. Then, after the planning, you worry about how everything will go over with the people attending (although this wasn't too big a worry, cause our crowd was ready to have a good time, regardless of what was planned!)

After the "speed bump" at the ballgame, everything went smoothly! (Unless you count my fight between the back door of the hotel and my big toe, with the door winning!)

It was so much fun to laugh and laugh and laugh until I was crying pretty much every night! You are all great! And how cool is it that I have friends from all over the country!!!!

To those of you who were at last year's meet, but couldn't attend this year, we missed you and hope to see you in Vegas!!!!! I really am going to try to stay more active on the boards this year to keep up with everyone. If you are ever in Springfield, IL, get in touch with us.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Heck, I thought she was drinking Coranas...Or, like me, any beer handed to her.:D

I've thanked you two and Larry personally but this is my public THANK YOU. I could run through the list of nice people Suzy (Mrs. IRV) and I met this weekend but I'm sure I'd forget someone or spell their name wrong so I'll not do that . I'll stick to an earlier statement I've made, I've yet to meet an EOC'er I've not liked.

Now the negatives: Mrs. IRV is using terms like "MODS" and "SEE YOU ON THE BOARDS", "WHICH TIRES ARE YOU GOING TO GET TO REPLACE THESE WRANGLERS" and "WHY DON'T YOU HAVE SIDE STEPS". Geez, I parked next to rammblerdan to illustrate what a stock FBP looks like compared to the Swiss Army Knife of Edom FBP.:)

Clearly, she enjoyed her time with the E geeks and we both thank you.

Your pal, Mrs. Irv's cabana boy.:-|

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey Julie,

We Canadians don't get offended easily...but we do enjoy offending.
I sure hope I didn't upset anyone at the meet with my odd humour.

I had a blast...I think it's been said many many times what a great bunch of people we are fortunate to have because of the Element.

I am going to try very hard to be in Vegas next year. I know your and Tom are scrambling now to move the meet to an undisclosed location to avoid the Tardis!!!

How is the toe doing? Better find a hotel in Vegas with no doors.

Try to take care not to hurt yourself...ok!

Here is the head table.

Tardis (your new Friend from the North)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
outpost4 said:
And what about those EOC'ers from Mars? I may have been late but I did show up... :twisted:

I mean, hell, look at my post count right now!
There were EOC'ers from Mars? Why does that not suprise me.

Congrats on the post count.:p

I'm really glad you did show up.......:wink:

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
Mars, Yeah waht she said:lol:

That doesn't surprise me either........
The head table looks normal........
Guess the mars people are mixed in with the crowd.
I sure wish I could have gone.

I really am not sure vinnie would like it but I guess he would have to have a pet sitter......
I'll plan on next time.

Couldn't we get a pet friendly place.
I kid here.
jurn

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
jurneez said:
Mars, Yeah waht she said:lol:

That doesn't surprise me either........
The head table looks normal........
Guess the mars people are mixed in with the crowd.

I sure wish I could have gone.

jurn
You have met Larry, haven't you?:D

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Tim Vance said:
IRV I found your badge in the grass on Sunday morning...
I think I gave it to Gail or Carly???? The day was still a bit blurry....:twisted:
Thanks Tim. I got home and realized I'd picked up some else's chair bag. Many blurry moments at the meet.:lol:

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
kissya said:
Hey IRV is was nice meeting you and your wife. Thanks for being our "pool boy.":p
Back at ya toots. Mrs. IRV had a lot of fun. You nurse people always rock on.:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
IRV said:
Thanks Tim. I got home and realized I'd picked up some else's chair bag. Many blurry moments at the meet.:lol:
Blurry?.....oh good, it wasn't just me....

...and I was right--I got better gas mileage following you down to St Louis at 80 mph than I did going home at 73-75mph! I kept looking in my rearview mirror all the way home to see if that blue E was comin up behind me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts