Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any body tried the VHT creamic ex coating in a spray can??? I did .so far it looks & works great and only $9.00 a can. I ran out of techline ceramic coating that I had been useing so it was pretty thin on my bug header & wanted to get this thing going. so after I ran it to break in the new moter & put a few miles on it I washed the car, the next morning there was rust on the header where it was to thin,so I went to addvance auto & got the new VHT ceramic header paint & recoated it on the car. it's been 2 weeks many rains looks great.dosent raidate the heat away, keeps the heat where you want it going out the tail pipe.it works better than any ceramic header I have ever had or worked with. the header is a real pain in the arss to remove& reinstal on my bug.but I masked off everything real good.I used the silver. I was astonished how good it worked. and that I sprayed it over the titanium ceramic coating that I had put on there but ran out of so it was thin. I dont know if the two ceramic barriers are making it work better or if this stuff is realy that good. I do know that the shiney aluminum ceramic techline product isant worth a crap for reducing raidated heat. ( but when I did it the first time this was a new product & the co did not know the best way to apply it, it turned out that it needed to be applied 3 times as thick as thier black or any other color. so I was screwed on that one & they would not stand behind it.thats the only product of thiers I have ever had a problem with. so
SO if any body wants to do it thier self very inexpensively give the VHT ceramic header paint a try. ( a low pressure sand blast around 40 psi then clean with acetone works great for addhesion)dont use glass beeds they will close up the pours of the mettell & they need to be open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts