Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? 05 Element EX AT, car makes a low pitched vibration rumbling sounds sort of like the a guys driving by with full bass stereo. Have to notice if there is a bit of vibration transmitting thru the steering wheel. Will check that. Does this when I make a turn both ways, was only to the left before but now noticeable both ways, or a U-turn. Took it to a mall parking lot to try notice it it at low speeds. Thinking it may be the rear diff.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Start with having the fluid in the rear differential changed. I had that in the used (2003) Element I bought my son, fixed the problem. It's pretty well documented on the site. Give it a try. :smile:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I agree search "burnish" and it will come up with how to do it...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Replaced diff fluid last nite and voila, vibration gone. Used ApriliaGuys tutorial, had a gear lube bottle with a pour spout, cut a bit more off the end of the spout, but not too much, just make sure it'll fit inside the end of the tube, wiped it clean, put it on the Honda quart bottle. Bend the tubing and fit it on the pour tip, turn it upside down and I felt like I was giving the E a transfusion. Lift it off the end of the tube a smidgen to give it some air. Removed spout, wipe it off and put it back on the gear lube bottle.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts