Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight driving home I felt a low level vibration in my steering wheel. I usually feel a bit of vibration from the subwoofer in the steering wheel and this felt very similar. With the stereo off, I did continue to feel the vibration at low speeds. When I'd take off from a stop sign I'd feel it then it would go away after I hit about 20 mph or faster and then come back as I slowed down until I stopped. It happend on various paved road surfaces. Tires are new and I have a fresh alignment, 46,000 miles. Any ideas?

·
Registered
282 Posts
It honestly sounds like you have a balancing issue. Go somewhere trustworthy and have them check your balance. Since this is happening after getting new tires, it really does sound like that to me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had added a couple extra pounds of air in the tires (40 psi) for a recent short road trip to tweek out some mpgs. Someone mentioned that besides causing the harsher ride the tires may have picked up more vibration at certain speeds. Hopefully that's all it was. I'll keep the psi where it's supposed to be. I didn't seem to feel it driving this morning. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If it keeps vibrating have the tires rotated and balanced and see if it changes. If it still continues check the CV joints and see if you have a ripped boot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts