·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Cool deal, we need a video from outside to car to go along with it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I was being snarled and laughed at before I even got my first set of runs, by time I had my first 5 run session done, I had a lot of people coming over to me saying how cool that was and they could not believe I posted a 52.43 second run, when the fasted z06 vette was 47.99. I was not in last place, got 38th out of 53 in the morning, I was 3rd in non-vette class of 9 people. In the afternoon fast course, I went up to 43rd out of 59th, but more people raced the afternoon course, had 6th out of 13 in my class. The best part of the whole day is when I got the award for having the best time match in my class, I was only off .009 seconds from run 6 to 7, the guy handing them out then said "I wonder what this guy could do with a real car", I turned around and told him I have one. I cant wait to show up with the Ksports slammed, I will make their heads spin.

Also, next time I will have someone video tape it from outside and inside, so I can edit the video to go back and forth.

Later
Steve

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is why I love this site...I hadn't even thought of ressurecting my AutoX past with the Element!

Good on ya for charging the corners and weaving the cones!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Actually, I was being snarled and laughed at before I even got my first set of runs, by time I had my first 5 run session done, I had a lot of people coming over to me saying how cool that was and they could not believe I posted a 52.43 second run, when the fasted z06 vette was 47.99. I was not in last place, got 38th out of 53 in the morning, I was 3rd in non-vette class of 9 people. In the afternoon fast course, I went up to 43rd out of 59th, but more people raced the afternoon course, had 6th out of 13 in my class. The best part of the whole day is when I got the award for having the best time match in my class, I was only off .009 seconds from run 6 to 7, the guy handing them out then said "I wonder what this guy could do with a real car", I turned around and told him I have one. I cant wait to show up with the Ksports slammed, I will make their heads spin.

Also, next time I will have someone video tape it from outside and inside, so I can edit the video to go back and forth.

Later
Steve
That's awesome Steve,can't wait to see some more videos.:cool:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, yeah, hopefully the KSports are on and adjusted/tested by september 20th, if not its going to mid-ohio on october 4th for a track day, that day will have in-car, out of car, and camera shots along the track. That should be a great time, thats what I building the car for. Right now Im trying to get some sponsors for brakes and a race only set of wheels and tires, hopefully I can get some on board.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You officially have my seal of kick-ass-ary!:cool:

Looks like you had a good time, keeps us updated on your next event.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
SHWEET I knew the SC would do great auto x after the engineers took us on an autocross run at the factory, they could make those SCs stand on thier front bumpers. One again great job looking forward to more of your runs. Drew:)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its pretty stable, it held up great, never faded, I pushed it hard enough in the last 2 runs of the day the the rear end was breaking loose and the abs was kicking in, it was pretty intense. Body roll was evident, but maxed out quick, the sway bars did their job. The only down fall was the body roll maxed out quick so it made me feel loose until half way thru the turn, then I felt a litle understeer but going into the turn, there is a bit of oversteer do to the stock shock/struts are very week on the compression side and not fast on rebound.
Hopefully the ksports and some lca's will work together well.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Jea, I did show them and most were suprised, it was such a great time and I thank you all for the responses.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts