Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a shot of my GG element in front of the huge rock face of "El Capitan".

This was taken at the giant sequoias at the south end of the park.

http://www.geocities.com/xcelement100/mariposas.jpg

The element isn't in these pictures but I thought they were interesting...
panoramics of the Hetch Hetchee Reservoir and
http://www.geocities.com/xcelement/hetchhetchee2.jpg
a view from the Bridal Vail falls area.
http://www.geocities.com/xcelement/elcapitan.jpg

My girlfriend and I camped the first night in the Element at the Hodgodon campsite near the west entrance. It was raining like crazy so I didn't sleep much, but 'd guess it would be much better than being in a tent that night! With the seats pulled all the way forward, I could easily lay down (I'm 6'1"). All the food/gear went in the "bear box". Good thing. We saw 2 black bears (one hiking -yikes!/one on the road). Night #2 was at the Yosemite Lodge. It reminded me less of a lodge and more of a summer camp.

TIPS: I was there for the first weekend in May, and the park was empty. This first timer got lucky. I got a room in the Yosemite Lodge on short notice. Just keep calling -cancellations are necessary 3 days in advance (209) 379-2123 --direct line to YNP. I hustled to get a "waterfall view" but don't sweat it. Most rooms in the valley looked to have a waterfall view. Just step outside.

The NPS trail maps/signage sucks there. Maybe a guidebook would be best if you need good maps.

I was there for 3 days and could have spent 3 times that much time just taking pictures. Ansel Adams's gallery is way cool.

There were no lines anywhere and tons of parking this time of year. We did the Yosemite Falls trail nearby the Lodge. 5-hours, and well worth it. Ultimate views of Half Dome. The whole park is amazing. Check the "Grizzly" Sequoia tree. Stunning.

The E averaged 23 MPG (4WD Auto) over 500 miles in serously hilly terrain.

And, I saw a black E driving into the west entrance on my way out. Are you a member here?

Hope that was useful. I just had the best time and wanted to share some comments. Someone else on the boards said they did some off-roading in YNP. Maybe next time.

(Of course, keep trying later if the pictures don't show)

*Updated 10/06

·
Registered
98 Posts
Those pictures are just AWESOME! The green looks so cool against the trees! I would love to go there some day!! 8)

·
Registered
125 Posts
The pictures didn't work for me. I just got sent to a page that said that the pictures were unavailable for viewing.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
[quote:f21dde721d="P3,FOYFN"]The pictures didn't work for me. I just got sent to a page that said that the pictures were unavailable for viewing.[/quote:f21dde721d]

geocities doesn't allow hotlinking images, so you have to cut and paste the address into your address bar in your browser.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the the info Sheniferous, I wasn't aware that geocities didn't allow hotlinks.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Cutting and pasting does work, as long as there hasn't been a bunch of downloading of the pictures from my site. Geocities cuts off access to the site for about an hour once a certain bandwidth is reached. All I can say for now is try again later if the cut-n-paste doesn't work. I'm looking for a place to store some pictures without this limitation...But thanks for the nice comments!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
badass pictures man! cant wait to get my green e out of the city and into its... um... element :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I did that copy and paste thing. Those pictures are amazing! Isn't that El Capitan mountain the same one that Captain Kirk climbed and then fell off of?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
WOW! WOW! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!

be a long since i have been out that way.. umm like 2 decades.. obviously it must be seen in the E!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts