Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My wife and I are contemplating whether to put in the Viper 550 with Remote start, keyless entry, etc or the LoJack with no remote start.

Viper installed with everything: $399

LoJack with everything they offer, but no remote start: $699

We really need your help on this as we would like to make the right choice.

Thanks!

-Oscar

·
Registered
957 Posts
Lojack offers far better theft protection and will be a more attractive selling point should you ever decide to unload your E.

Everyone has a regular security system now - everyone just ignores them anyway. To truly protect your vehicle you need something better - like LoJack. And the satisfaction of having the police actually catch the bastard that stole your car is very fulfilling and even gives something back to the community by putting that scumbag in jail for 24 hours until his homies can collect enough cans and sell enough crack to bail him out. :wink:

And to me, remote start isn't all that appealing either since i have a garage at home and at work. Besides, is being uncomfortable for 3 minutes every day in the winter and summer really all that bad? Struggle and determination is what bulids character. :wink:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got the LoJack because it came with the extended warranty. I guess I'm happy with it. Not supposed to tell anyone or leave any literature in the car, tho. This is to keep thiefs from searching for it. (I don't even know where it is, so if they torture me!! Egad, what was I thinking!)

Anyway, you get your money back if they can't find your car in 24 hours. That's a BIg difference from locating your car the old fashioned way. And a better chance most of the parts will still be there. The only real downside is, that it's NOT a deterrent, since you are supposed to keep it secret.

P.S. forget I told you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went for the Viper. Try to get it not stolen rather than try to get it back. I like it the way it is. You might not want it back after it is stolen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts