Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on finalizing a price including the keyless entry and alarm system. Tonight, the dealer told me that they could install a Viper system immediately, but if I wanted the Honda remote and alarm I would have to wait (backordered). Can anyone tell me what the differences are? Any opinions on waiting or taking the Viper system now? Anyone have the Viper?

Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
There are many Viper models, I have the 790XV. You can always go with the Viper and build on it by adding features as you wish, but with the Honda you are limited to as is. I'm pretty sure the Honda system is built by a third party company anyways, so why not go with a trusted name like Viper.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I went to get a Viper put in shortly afte buying my E. Had one in my truck for 8 years--NO problems. And significantly cheaper than the Honda system. Guess it depends if you want OEM or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Years ago, an auto salesman told me that they farm out the electrical work. This convinced me not to let the dealer do the install and have me pay for it for 48 months or whatever the loan term. On my E, I have an alarm with the door lock options and pager for $325 installed. Much cheaper than the dealer, and still a good unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts