Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been doing some inexpensive things to make my E stand out visually. I don't want it on the level of pink window tint and 4 spoilers of standing out but just small additions. So far the things I have done include yellow tinted spot mirrors in the fog light holes (to look nice until I can afford some fogs). I have tinted my side markers black and added an exhaust tip.

The next inexpensive mods I want to do are
1). Tinting the headlights neochrome or neochrome pearl
2). Adding a tow strap
3). Painting the calipers

And my problem is deciding exactly what I want to do color wise. Thinking I'm deciding between blue/red and maybe black for the tow strap. And if its colored matching the calipers to that color. I've attached a picture of my E with photoshoped neochrome headlights and a tow strap of each color. My issue is I like the contrast of the red but also like how well the blue matches the neochrome and looks next to the fog lights. So I'm fishing for opinions! Let me know down below what you like and/or why!

PS. I know this may be considered "ricer" but considering I'm a Senior in Highschool who doesn't have a bunch of money, and the car was bought for about $4,000 on top of the fact that it could put my reliability in jeopardy, I'm not going to invest all of the money needed for major performance mods. The most I see myself putting into the car is maybe an aftermarket exhaust (brand name one of course), new rims/tires and a proper CAI.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Get some actual fogs...I bought a set of OEM-style aftermarket clears for $50 on eBay. Included wiring, switch, all you need. Then, a can of Krylon flat black for the hood, and you're good.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I like the Orange foglights. Color matching the tow strap to the caliper color sounds like a good way to go. Is that a Civic SI in the driveway. Looks to have some nice low profile tires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the Orange foglights. Color matching the tow strap to the caliper color sounds like a good way to go. Is that a Civic SI in the driveway. Looks to have some nice low profile tires.
Thanks! And yeah that's my sisters Si, its lowered on Teins and I'm not sure about the rims brand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get some actual fogs...I bought a set of OEM-style aftermarket clears for $50 on eBay. Included wiring, switch, all you need. Then, a can of Krylon flat black for the hood, and you're good.
Will definitely pick the fog lights up when I have the money to set aside for it since they aren't too expensive, probably will tint them with the same vinyl. And I may try plastidip or wrapping the hood/roof as well, it'd be more expensive but I can't really mess it up too bad and if I don't like it its removable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For the tow strap, I'd go with red. It looks good with the grey, and you said that you wanted the car to stand out a bit, so that's exactly what the red does for you! Plus red calipers always look cool to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also, about the headlights - I can't tell in the picture because you've photoshopped the neochrome on top of it, but if you have some fogginess on there, definitely do one of those headlight restoration kits!

I just picked up an 03 Element a few weeks ago, and the headlights weren't terrible, but they were a bit foggy. I ordered a 3M headlight restoration kit on Amazon, and for about $14 and 1 hour of work, it made a HUGE difference. Highly recommended (I got the one that includes a household drill bit, so the drill does that buffing, instead of going back and forth with your hand a thousand times).

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I'm loving the amber mirror fog light hack. That looks surprisingly great and puts you out $6.

I also vote red for the strap.

I would push back on you going for a CIA. They cost a lot and don't do much. I'm working on a $20 solution for 2003-2006 models. I'm still on my first tank of gas so I don't have any data, but I'll post as soon as I do. You could do it in red and get a cool engine bay pop if that's what drew you to the CIA.

Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the tow strap, I'd go with red. It looks good with the grey, and you said that you wanted the car to stand out a bit, so that's exactly what the red does for you! Plus red calipers always look cool to me.
Decided on the red after seeing all of these!

Also, about the headlights - I can't tell in the picture because you've photoshopped the neochrome on top of it, but if you have some fogginess on there, definitely do one of those headlight restoration kits!

I just picked up an 03 Element a few weeks ago, and the headlights weren't terrible, but they were a bit foggy. I ordered a 3M headlight restoration kit on Amazon, and for about $14 and 1 hour of work, it made a HUGE difference. Highly recommended (I got the one that includes a household drill bit, so the drill does that buffing, instead of going back and forth with your hand a thousand times).
My headlights are semi clear and I actually used the 3m kit and it looks way better. However I think somehow I have scratches on the inside too so I'm looking at getting another one to go at that when I clear the amber out.

Nice idea on the tow strap color matching the caliper color. I went with a red tow strap on my Element, I like how it sticks out.
Thanks for the input!

I'm loving the amber mirror fog light hack. That looks surprisingly great and puts you out $6.

I also vote red for the strap.

I would push back on you going for a CIA. They cost a lot and don't do much. I'm working on a $20 solution for 2003-2006 models. I'm still on my first tank of gas so I don't have any data, but I'll post as soon as I do. You could do it in red and get a cool engine bay pop if that's what drew you to the CIA.

Cheers.
Thanks for the input and I really agree on the fake fogs, cheap and fills the empty void even if only temporarily. I also have a Spectre air filter I had fitted to the stock rubber tube but removed it as I worried about it's location and water during washes/rain. I didn't have any issues but I won't put it back until I have a longer pipe or something. Definitely would like to see what you come up with!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts