Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:idea:
It would seem to me that the area just below the grill is very open and unprotected against rocks and other stuff kicked up by other vehicles. I bet that someone will come out with some kind of screen for that area to protect it. If something were to penetrate those radiators, it could result in either a a/c failure or overheating the engine due to loss of coolant. Let me know what you think about this????? :?:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i've noticed that all new honda models have the same open/exposed grill openings.I hope aftermarket makes screen, or grill because it will be easy for a large rock, branch to do damage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I added a screen to my E to provide protection to the A/C evaporator. I removed the entire front end in order to install it but it only took 20 minutes to get it off and less than that to reinstall. I made a tool to remove the plastic clips from an old pair of tweezers. There are 18 clips and 4 bolts to remove and the entire front end comes off allowing access to install screening using duct tape. Not for the timid, but not difficult either. :wink: [/img]

·
Registered
118 Posts
if I could figure out how! The other boards I belong to have a "browser" window I can use to post photos, but this one has me stumped. Help!

·
Registered
335 Posts
This board doesn't host the images posted in messages. You need to upload to your own web space and then use the IMG button to embed the image URL. I think that GypsyTDA was offering to host images for people who don't have web space, so check with her if you need somewhere to post pics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I purchased black plastic "wire mesh" at Home Depot for another project.
Although I DONT HAVE MY VEHICLE YET......I plan on installing a panel in front of the rad/evap asap to avoid problems.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is this mesh like a screen for a window or is the gaps bigger? Any concerns about lowering the airflow to the radiator. Especially for those who live in warm climates?

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I used regular screen door nylon mesh screen which is almost invisible and will not prevent the flow of air but will keep bugs and rocks out. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:e5ffd4a5d3="utahrex"]I added a screen to my E to provide protection to the A/C evaporator. I removed the entire front end in order to install it but it only took 20 minutes to get it off and less than that to reinstall. I made a tool to remove the plastic clips from an old pair of tweezers. There are 18 clips and 4 bolts to remove and the entire front end comes off allowing access to install screening using duct tape. Not for the timid, but not difficult either. :wink: [/img][/quote:e5ffd4a5d3]

Would love to see a photo of your handywork if possible. 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts