Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has heard if this is possible. I think it would be awesome to get a vw diesel engine into an element and than convert that to bio diesel.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I don't know how hard it would be to get one shipped over seas but the CRV Honda diesel seems like it might be easier to install into the E. More chances for parts to carry over from one model to another. I believe if enough people ask we can get Honda to bring it here!!!

My brother and sister in law have a 100% bio-diesel powered dodge truck. While they wish they could get something with better mileage they are glad that they power their truck without having to buy petroleum based diesel. They just made the trek to KY from Durango CO using nothing but b-100. They had a couple of 50 gallon drums in the back of the truck to make it between refueling stations.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, didn't know there was a diesel crv engine. Yeah, parts might work easier. Do you know the HP and torque on that diesel? I wana go on a road trip with my E sometime in the coming years and not have to sell my soul to fuel it. My dream for my E is to install the pop up sleeper from the company in san diego(if they're still around). Also do you know if there are any beefier shocks for the E? Like for off roading? I know the ride will become bumpier, but thats fine.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
So far there have not been any beefy shock/strut upgrades for the E. There is a lift option, check out The Sparman Lift (search). You would probably get further with using the money you would spend on the diesel conversion for regular gas. I would love to have that diesel in my E but if you are looking at big fuel savings to pay for the engine swap I am afraid you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I wonder how they worked around the engine rotation issue......I don't have much mechanical exp. with honda motors, but don't hey rotate the opposite way of any other motors?

·
Retired.
12,181 Posts
I wonder how they worked around the engine rotation issue......I don't have much mechanical exp. with honda motors, but don't hey rotate the opposite way of any other motors?

They used to. But in the mid to late 90's as new engines came out they started spinning them clockwise like the rest of the automotive world.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I bet clockwise rotation went over with the diesel boys like the Metric system in Alabama.;-):rolleyes::lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts