Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out shopping, and as I neared my car I saw a woman say that's ugly and make a barfing/gagging motion with her mouth and hand. To make matters worse, she did it twice. Now, I don't think the element is beautiful, but I really don't consider it ugly!

Another woman where I work said it was funny looking. Now that I can live with, 'cause it's really different looking from anything else out on the road. But ugly - nooooo!

·
Registered
109 Posts
You need to run into more kids, they LOVE it!! I had a bunch of 14 year olds tell me last night how cool it was! Made me feel like a kid. Stay away from those old crotchety types, they are bad for your spirit! Hold your head up and be proud, you drive an Element!!
:twisted:

·
Registered
894 Posts
I would have to hold back from a pithy remark about how it might have been the pan calling the kettle black. A saying my Irish nanna taught me.

Iskie

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got my feelings hurt today, too. I heard some teens (they had to be teens) yell out the word UGLY when they were turning behind me! Their '87 Cavalier was soooooo much prettier than my E! :lol:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can tell the blow was almost mortal! How will you ever drive your Element again? We should trade them all in for more conventional SUV's so the kids won't notice us.

OK - get in line behind me! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
253 Posts
To make matters worse, today at work, a co-worker who was looking for an SUV said, "You're vehicle looks like it fits you, but I'm looking for a blah ,blah, blah." :?: :twisted:

·
Registered
894 Posts
I would take it as a compliment, and leave it as that. Or do as I do when people make remarks about me: "Damn proud of it!".

Iskie

·
Registered
21 Posts
i get the ugly comment all the time. but as a designer i am always looking for something to turn peoples heads. i cant say that it is the most beutiful car on the road but its different and it sparks a reaction. i love my E and find that some of the people i work with say that its ugly but before the end of our conversasion end up saying thats pretty cool. it s only a matter of time.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Two days and nothing but raves so far. My two best best friends (also fifty somethings) said they had to have one within two minutes of going for a ride and a young black kid came over to me in the parking lot told me how he loved every Honda he's had (and resold them for good money) and how he can't wait to get an Element. You must live in a bad part of the world (8*)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm white and live in Detroit. I find that I get a better response and cool comments from blacks more than whites.
Since blacks are on the cutting edge of music, style and whats truly new and different, I take it as a sign that the Element not only looks great but is also a new and different cutting edge style.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I drove past a bunch of hippies protesting in Taos. THe only guy who said it looked kewl was a black guy. Dropped a friend off at a ford dealership to get his car fixed and two sales associates came out asking about the car. I loved it. Hard not to open doors and show off. Somebody is going to steal it soon if I continue :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts