Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious how long other Honda dealers make their customers wait for service. When I added some accessories to my "E," the dealer here in North Jersey made me an appointment within the week.

Now I need to take it in for an annoying rattle in the door, and they say they can't make an appointment with me until October 9. That's over FIVE WEEKS from now. What gives? I guess when you're not forking over $1,200, you're no longer a priority.

Unfortunately, I purchased the car in South Jersey, because the local Honda dealer was offering an awful deal on the E and trade-in, so I can't call the sales manager to complain.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I made an appointment on a Wednesday, and I was in the following morning. And this was for warranty work! Sounds like you should try another Honda dealer.

:wink: Ed

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's certainly an option, but the nearest alternate dealer is not at all convenient to get to, while this one is in the town where I work. I actually made an appointment with a dealer 20 miles away next week.

As far as I'm concerned, if the sign out front says "Honda," I am entitled to the same level of service no matter which particular dealer it is. I shouldn't have to drive 40 miles round trip to get decent service.

I called the Honda Customer Relations line to complain, and they're going to contact the first dealer and see what the story was, because they said a five-week wait is unreasonable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts